I was never really a big fan of HTC phones since i was always more infatuated with nexus devices, but seeing how ive had 4 nexus 5's in the span of one year due to hardware or software problems, i'm moving away from that whole scene. I've heard nothing but good stuff about the One M8 but i want to know how it has aged. Can anyone still using a M8 tell me how much it has changed, or if it has changed since you got the device brand new? Im really considering moving on to the Hima or M9, whatever HTC decides to call it this year.
    01-12-2015 02:39 PM
    I picked up my unit 2-3 months after launch day. It has been working very well. I had a Nexus 5 which i sold a few months ago and also a Note 3 as a back up device. As of now the only issue i have or starting to have with mine is the power button occassionally wont register a press.
    I have seen other people complain about it. Id say it sill works 90% of the time. So its not to the point i need to send it in or retire it. But i do think its starting to get worse.. So for a daily driver phone, i think its held up well.
    01-12-2015 04:25 PM
    I have had mine for a little less than a year now, I still like it way better than my previous Samsung product and my wife's S5. Right now it is the middle of switching from Dalvik to ART so it's a little choppy at times, but I could just switch it back. I don't have power button issues probably because I installed the 3 finger gesture that turns the screen off by tapping with 3 fingers and I turn the screen on with the 2 taps. I guess you could use the Gravity app also, I try not use the power button on any of my phones except for On and Off.
    3vilPeT3 likes this.
    01-12-2015 06:53 PM
    hows the battery life for it going? Does power saving mode make that much of a difference to battery life? hows the lag and such?
    01-12-2015 10:28 PM
    hows the battery life for it going? Does power saving mode make that much of a difference to battery life? hows the lag and such?
    The extreme power saving mode works phenomenal. It disables all but a few main apps, Bluetooth (my only beef with it since I need it for my job), kills data with the screen off, etc. Very limited functionality, but that's the whole point behind that mode.

I've had mine since April and it still performs buttery smooth. In fact, I only recently found a game that lags on it, SIM City Buildit. But even that has minimal lag for what looks to be a very graphical intense game. I usually don't even notice it.
    01-13-2015 05:45 AM
    I have had mine for about 9 months now and I am still very happy with it. When Lollipop is released I will wipe it and clean some stuff up. I don't see anything else I would rather have.
    01-13-2015 07:06 AM
    I am very very happy with it, bought it in July. Wouldnt change it a bit and would buy it again. This didnt happen with my Samsung S3, Note 2 and S4.
    01-13-2015 11:03 AM
    I know this is off topic but a simple question.... Does Sense allow you to change system fonts like Touchwiz does? I really like to be able to change fonts when I'm bored and have been wondering if Sense allows this (I know stock android does not without rooting).
    01-13-2015 11:12 AM
    I know this is off topic but a simple question.... Does Sense allow you to change system fonts like Touchwiz does? I really like to be able to change fonts when I'm bored and have been wondering if Sense allows this (I know stock android does not without rooting).
    Go to Settings, Display & gestures, you will see a Font style option, it has 3 fonts to choose from, and the ability to download new fonts.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    01-13-2015 12:27 PM
    My only complaint about the M8 is that its metallic structure can be easily dented. If it fells from you from a small distance on some gravels then it will dent at the point of impact.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    01-13-2015 12:34 PM
    Go to Settings, Display & gestures, you will see a Font style option, it has 3 fonts to choose from, and the ability to download new fonts.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    That's excellent, thanks!
    Deathunter-M8 likes this.
    01-13-2015 12:56 PM
    Does the height of the device get in the way of its use? I've heard people complain about the power button being on top of the device, really hoping htc does something different about that in the new model coming out soon
    01-13-2015 04:59 PM
    I like the power button at the top, I don't accidentally turn the phone on. I had Samsung before and adjusted to the button locations easily, I even like the back button being on the bottom left as opposed to the right, it's easier to get to one handed. What I like the most is the screen is visible in direct sunlight, doesn't wash out, and is so smooth with hardly any bloat. Great phone, I would get another HTC.
    01-13-2015 05:24 PM
    Mooncatt - Thanks for mentioning SimCity Buildit. I too notice lag especially after it initially loads. It does the same on my Note 3 which i keep as WiFi and for games.
    I also like having the power button on top. Cant tell you how many times i went to adjust the volume on my Note 3 only to turn it off. LOL
    Having power on top and volume on sides makes a lot of sense to me.
    Im also the type of person who switches phones often. But i find my self either going back to my M8 or in some cases not wanting to switch.
    I have been contemplating a Nexus 6 since it has dual front speakers. But my M8 is working so well i still cant justify it.

Its been a great solid device for me.
    01-14-2015 09:18 AM
    my m8 is still a beast, amazing battery life.
    01-14-2015 10:05 AM
    Mooncatt - Thanks for mentioning SimCity Buildit. I too notice lag especially after it initially loads. It does the same on my Note 3 which i keep as WiFi and for games.
    I don't mind the lag after looking at everything the game does. Just wish I could build more than one hammer, chair, etc at a time and the trade market was more reliable. XD
    01-14-2015 01:55 PM
    I played a lot till i got to level 17. now i am re-focused on Boom Beach.
    which plays awesome on the M8.. in fact every time i get a victory over another player the horns it plays is awesome on the M8. I really do think the audio is excellent for a phone.
    01-14-2015 02:08 PM
    Have mine a little over 6 months now and I still love it. Battery is awesome. The phone is a slippery devil so IMO..this puppy needs a case.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2741870

Go to this thread to find the HTC Gesture Listener.
    It enables you to lock your phone with a three finger tap on your screen. Eliminates having to use the power button.

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-14-2015 03:04 PM
    Thanks, i thought about it but often times im using one hand so 3 finger and one handed operation wont work for me.

but i will keep it in mind if the power button problem gets a lot worse or i change my habits.
    01-14-2015 03:36 PM
    Anyone using a crystal clear case? Which one?
    01-14-2015 04:00 PM
    I may be a heretic, but I actually like my M7 better (for the size) than the M8 I have. That .3 inch increase makes it just a little too big and awkward to hang on my belt. Also the sound seemed louder on my M7 compared to the M8. But Bluetooth seems to work better on the M8, with wifi being the same. Battery life is about the same, I usually get two days from each phone. I keep mine in an Otterbox Defender case, but if this one had a belt clip it would be almost the perfect case: Products – URBAN ARMOR GEAR
    Brian Low likes this.
    01-14-2015 09:13 PM
    I may be a heretic, but I actually like my M7 better (for the size) than the M8 I have. That .3 inch increase makes it just a little too big and awkward to hang on my belt. Also the sound seemed louder on my M7 compared to the M8. But Bluetooth seems to work better on the M8, with wifi being the same. Battery life is about the same, I usually get two days from each phone. I keep mine in an Otterbox Defender case, but if this one had a belt clip it would be almost the perfect case: Products – URBAN ARMOR GEAR
    two day battery life is great for me. My many nexus 5's always needed a charge at the end of the day, but we could be using our devices differently. I got to play with an M8 in store and tbh it feels a tad to tall. I hope htc will change something about it. As for how slipper it feels, i really cant tell because the stores always have them tethered to wire
    01-14-2015 11:45 PM
    Have mine au little over 6 months now and I still love it. Battery is awesome. The phone is a slippery devil so IMO..this puppy needs a case.

[APP] HTC Gesture Listener [concept] | HTC One (M8) | XDA Forums

Go to this thread to find the HTC Gesture Listener.
    It enables you to lock your phone with a three finger tap on your screen. Eliminates having to use the power button.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Agreed. Gesture listener is fantastic and should be included in HTC Sense.
    01-14-2015 11:49 PM