How do I get my SD card out of my phone?

stulloyd

Jan 13, 2015
Visit site
Stuck SD card

I only got my phone yesterday. Took the SD card holder out - it was a little stif. Put my SD card in. Not only does the phone not read the SD card but I cannot get the drawer open again!?

soshi89

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: Stuck SD card

The SD card tray should pop out really easily if you use the HTC pin that comes with the phone. It sounds like you either have a faulty SD card tray or you were given a refurbished phone possibly. I would take it back to where you purchased it from and get help obtaining your SD card from the tray and get a replacement as well.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to Android Central! Good point by soshi89, but let's back up a bit--how hard are you pressing in with the pin or needle into the pinhole release button? In my experience, sometimes you have to press in pretty firmly.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Wouldn't it be hard to jam it in the wrong way? Most devices make it pretty hard to insert it fully the wrong way.

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site

I'm sure that there would be resistance, but what other reason would the card and tray not want to eject? Since the phone is new and there might be a manufacturing defect in the SD card tray, I suggest taking it back where you bought it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

I agree, it's probably some kind of defect with the SD tray or the locking mechanism. I'd still like to know how hard the OP tried to press in with the pin or needle into the pinhole eject button. It takes more than a light touch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheOzarks