M8 Lollipop Update Received

stefanwi1987

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Received the update in Germany, unbranded M8, as well. Does anyone else have the problem, that you cannot switch the app switcher between Lollipop and HTC style? I'm not seeing the three dots in the upper right corner as seen on several YouTube videos...

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 16547.jpg
    16547.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 46

DarkXerox

Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Update went though here this morning (AT&T USA). Only thing I hate is that they have it autohiding the soft keys...only in the web browser. I can't figure out how to make them stay on screen like they do everywhere else. Any ideas? I'm running stock everything.

Dogmann

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Hi all,

Received the update about 5 hours ago on my unbranded UK M8 and I really like the update my phone feels much faster and I like the new look also I much prefer the card view for recent apps. I just installed the update and didn't reformat anything everything is working without issue and as I said it seems much faster and smoother which considering how fast and smooth it was already is hard to believe.

@stefanwi1987
You can only change the recent apps view form cards to grid when in recent apps screen not from the Lockscreen which your screenshot is showing.

Marc

stefanwi1987

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

Received the update about 5 hours ago on my unbranded UK M8 and I really like the update my phone feels much faster and I like the new look also I much prefer the card view for recent apps. I just installed the update and didn't reformat anything everything is working without issue and as I said it seems much faster and smoother which considering how fast and smooth it was already is hard to believe.

@stefanwi1987
You can only change the recent apps view form cards to grid when in recent apps screen not from the Lockscreen which your screenshot is showing.

Marc

While taking the screenshot I wasn't in the lock screen, because from lock screen there's no option to open the recent apps (soft buttons are missing)...

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Here's a question about a probably insignificant fact:

Do carriers or manufacturers set the software number associated with an OS version?

The 4.4.4 "Eye experience" version that I downloaded back in October for my T-Mobile M8 has the software number 3.32.531.2. The 4.4.4 version that ATT has been pushing out recently evidently has a software number of 3.42.502.1

Do you assume that the difference between a .3 and .4 software number is just quantitative (it's just a later release than the October release) or qualitative (a step closer to whatever software number 5.0.1 will be associated with)?

I only ask because someone above claims to have received the lollipop update already on a stock ATT phone in the US.

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Received the update in Germany, unbranded M8, as well. Does anyone else have the problem, that you cannot switch the app switcher between Lollipop and HTC style? I'm not seeing the three dots in the upper right corner as seen on several YouTube videos...

This could perhaps be because the old HTC Grid style menu was having some issues causing the status bar to act weird when opening an app from it.

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
I activated the smart lock function to try it out. But now I can't seem to turn it off! It's saying in a greyed out option that it's disabled by administrator, encryption policy credential storage!
Anyone know how to turn it off?

jcdub

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
So you mean that it could be that HTC has disabled the option to switch between grid and Lollipop?

Got it sorted. In security settings go to credentials and delete. Odd but it works.

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Update went though here this morning (AT&T USA). Only thing I hate is that they have it autohiding the soft keys...only in the web browser. I can't figure out how to make them stay on screen like they do everywhere else. Any ideas? I'm running stock everything.
Is your M8 the unlocked or dev version? All the carriers are still showing up as being in the integration stage, not even certification yet.

BruceCk

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Unbranded UK on EE from Carphone Warehouse, I got 5.0.1 yesterday. I'm very pleased with it so far. It's fast, smooth and clean. Battery life still seems very good (it got a lot better after an update some time ago). I did a cache partition wipe as a precaution since the update, but I've never done one before. I was slightly surprised by how little change there was, but many apps have had the material design updates for a while.

I can't actually see an option to turn smart lock on. Any clues where to find it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze