Media graphics showing on lockscreen

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
After the 5.0.1 update to my M8, when I play some media like Tunin radio or my audiobook player, I get a picture of the album art or station art displayed on the lockscreen. Wouldn't be so bad but the picture is badly distorted.

Have done a reset; same thing.

Is this the way Lollipop is? Or is it just mine?

soshi89

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Can you provide a screenshot of your lockscreen or take a picture with another device to show how it looks like? I'm still on 4.4.4 as Lollipop hasn't hit the UK yet. But when I play music on my phone through Music Player it shows as a notification on lockscreen with a previous, pause/play and next track option with a small art display that doesn't look distorted as it's high quality anyway.

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Here is a lockscreen screenshot when my audiobook player is loaded.

I've more or less discovered it must be app dependent. My music player (Rocket Player) has an option to display the artwork or not.

Screenshot_2015-01-17-09-14-43.jpg

aldo82

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Stock android since at least kit kat has displayed album art on the lock screen when playing music. For some reason HTC chose not to go this on sense 6 so perhaps they've backtracked and added it in for lollipop

Posted via the Android Central App

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Ugh that sucks. I like the KitKat implementation better. I don't like the art taking up the whole lock screen like that.

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908