Help please! Stuck in recovery I think

amusick4889

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys,

Last night my phone was sitting on the counter and I noticed it lit up the screen so I went to check it, turns out it reset for some reason. I got to it and it was showing the HTC powered by android screen and would not respond.

I finally got to this screen but can't get anywhere.

4da23451aba77da8e3d68dcbd626a55a.jpg

When I tried recovery, it started to reboot but again got stuck in a loop, it would go from a screen showing a red triangle with an exclamation point inside to the HTC screen and repeat the process.

Once I got it back to the pictured menu I tried Factory Reset. This time it got stuck in a loop again but with a different logo, green arrows making a circle with an arrow pointing down and then to the HTC screen...non stop loop.

I have not tried to hack or change anything on the phone recently or ever. It just flipped out for no reason as far as I can tell last night.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amusick4889

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
I tried the link, once I chose recovery the screen went blank and then I got this triangle again, 30 seconds or so later it went blank for 10-15 seconds and the triangle is back for another 30 seconds, phone vibrates and the HTC screen is back for 5 seconds, then back to black, then back to triangle.

amusick4889

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
New development...after it went through the cycle a few times I got this message. It kicked back to the HTC screen and then turned off.

amusick4889

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Forum says I can't post a link so I can't add the pic.

Same red triangle screen but at the bottom had yellow lettering saying "Mount SDCARD failed 1-5 times" and said " can not mount SD Card. No such file or directory."

I do not have an SD card in the phone and never have.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Edit...never mind. Missed a post. You may need to reflash the stock ROM, but I would see if your carrier can do it.

From an AOSP M8

Johannskjdsjh

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Mmm, looks like the equivalent of a Windows Blue Screen. If that's the case your phone will need repairs. Good luck, not having a device males me very unhappy.

Slashyou

Jul 30, 2014
Visit site
Forum says I can't post a link so I can't add the pic.

Same red triangle screen but at the bottom had yellow lettering saying "Mount SDCARD failed 1-5 times" and said " can not mount SD Card. No such file or directory."

I do not have an SD card in the phone and never have.

First try to hold up some buttons when your at the red triangle screen as its stock recovery.

amusick4889

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Well I took it to the device support center today and they replaced the phone and SIM card no questions asked. Didn't really have an answer as to why it freaked out. I was in and out in ten minutes.

Sorry I don't have an answer for y'all but I appreciate the help!

brotherswing

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I believe I can shed some light on the subject. Your M8 (like my F3) mounts it's internal memory much like an SD card (one partition of it, anyway.) Flash memory can fail, albeit not frequently. The internal memory of your phone suffered from a failure, causing the system to be unable to boot, thus the loop. I'm glad your carrier replaced it with no questions, as that was the only solution for this type of problem.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes