12-26-2015 11:27 AM
26 12
tools
    I have received the android 5.0 update for my UK htc one m8 but I am just holding off on installing until I get enough information that the battery is okay as I am currently happy with my HTC one m8 battery life on 4.4.4. I have heard lollipop runs energy efficient software but to those who have upgraded - how do you find the battery life? ... Do you find it better, worse or the same as current?

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-28-2015 03:40 PM
    It's been pretty good for me today. I got the update today as well and just jumped straight into it. The battery life has been pretty much near the same but can't really say as I was bored and doing extra video streaming and gaming than usual but still survived the day.
    01-28-2015 05:29 PM
    Anyone notice that the phone is charging slower than before using the original charger?

kasias mounhawk likes this.
    01-29-2015 01:13 AM
    I have just installed the update, and man it took over 20% from the battery to complete, you will also notice your M8 to heat-up in the process, which could be the reason for the fast battery drainage. Note that I am only talking about the energy consumption during the update.

As of the battery life with Lollipop on the M8, I can't give any feedback about that until I use it for at least a couple of days.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    01-29-2015 03:50 AM
    Anyone notice that the phone is charging slower than before using the original charger?

Power all the way to off. (not close and reboot).
    Then power back up.
    That fixed it for me.
    jcdub likes this.
    01-29-2015 06:49 PM
    Ive noticed higher battery drain and longer charge time. In a 10 work shift i lose around 30% battery with only 30 min use during lunch. With JB i was only losing around 8%!
    kasias mounhawk likes this.
    02-01-2015 05:57 AM
    Power all the way to off. (not close and reboot).
    Then power back up.
    That fixed it for me.
    can u explain more plz?
    thanx
    02-01-2015 12:40 PM
    can u explain more plz?
    thanx
    Explain more about Power off and reboot?

hoookay:

1) hold the phone in portrait mode in your left hand.
    2) awaken and unlock your phone so you are looking at your home screen
    3) place your right index finger on the power button on the top right corner of the phone
    4) Press and hold the power button and count slowly to 3
    5) A PHONE OPTIONS pop up will appear offering 4 choices. Let up the power button.
    6) Tap the first (topmost) choice which is Power Off. Do not use the 2nd, through 4th options.
    7) Wait will the phone shows a black screen, then wait 10 seconds more.
    8) Press and hold the power button again for a slow count to 3, or until phone vibrates, then let up the power button.
    9) Give the phone two minutes to boot.
    10) If the screen has gone black give a quick tap to the power button to wake it.
    11) Unlock your phone in your customary way.
    12) Congratulations, you have successfully powered your phone off all the way and rebooted. it.
    02-01-2015 01:33 PM
    Explain more about Power off and reboot?

hoookay:

3) place your right index finger on the power button on the top right corner of the phone
    5) A PHONE OPTIONS pop up will appear offering 4 choices. Let up the power button.
    6) Tap the first (topmost) choice which is Power Off. Do not use the 2nd, through 4th options.
    8) Press and hold the power button again for a slow count to 3, or until phone vibrates, then let up the power button.
    10) If the screen has gone black give a quick tap to the power button to wake it.
    12) Congratulations, you have successfully powered your phone off all the way and rebooted. it.
    U weren't clear ...
    Come on Man .No need to be Sarcastic !! i thought u have real solution that i couldn't get it.. But Thanks anyway.
    02-01-2015 01:39 PM
    hoookay:

😄
    02-01-2015 01:44 PM
    U weren't clear ...
    Come on Man .No need to be Sarcastic !! i thought u have real solution that i couldn't get it.. But Thanks anyway.
    I thought it was very clear the first time.
    I wasn't being sarcastic. I thought maybe you had English as a second language or something.
    I resisted the temptation to ask how old you were that you could't figure out how to power off a phone. That would have been sarcastic.
    I was merely being pedantic.

(And yes, sometimes it is just as simple as powering off, (not close and restart).
    02-01-2015 02:24 PM
    I thought it was very clear the first time.
    I wasn't being sarcastic. I thought maybe you had English as a second language or something.
    I resisted the temptation to ask how old you were that you could't figure out how to power off a phone. That would have been sarcastic.
    I was merely being pedantic.

(And yes, sometimes it is just as simple as powering off, (not close and restart).
    Thanx Bro!
    I'm sry..
    Actually i was trying since the update all the ways ..wipe cache ..etc
    Running Battery Test. But nothing happened.
    Same Problem Heating and Battery drain.
    02-01-2015 02:30 PM
    I have noticed a definite drop in battery life as compared to 4.4.4. It's still ok but not phenomenal like 4.4.4.

02-01-2015 05:57 PM
    Ive noticed higher battery drain and longer charge time. In a 10 work shift i lose around 30% battery with only 30 min use during lunch. With JB i was only losing around 8%!
    Umm, by JB do you mean JellyBean? What happened to KitKat?!

Sent from my HTC One M8
    02-01-2015 10:18 PM
    Alright, so here is what happened to my M8 (battery wise) after the update to Lollipop.

Charging time wasn't effected, it remains at the same speed as it was when running KitKat, I am using a charger with a 2Amp output.

Discharging (battery drainage) on the other hand, was way faster than before, it remains like that for around 3 days, and then it stabilized and got back to the way it was.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    skeleton rider likes this.
    02-01-2015 10:24 PM
    I originally made this post and after reading the replies and other posts about lollipop on M8, I have come to the conclusion that it's still not worth downloading

From what I have read most battery life results from people show decreased usage times. Also performance issues and lagging as well as some incompatibility and there isn't enough new features to persuade me to get android 5 for this phone in its current form at all. Android 4.4.4 on M8 is flawless. If it's not broke don't fix it

02-02-2015 03:53 PM
    After upgrading to lollipop i faced serious problem with battery drain, some apps hang issue , slow booting time, charging time is also very slow and most annoying issue is my location is continuously flickers in time and weather widget when its in lock screen and it also shows wrong time. Please help me if any one know the solution or should i wait for the sense 7 till march.
    02-10-2015 10:45 PM
    After upgrading to lollipop i faced serious problem with battery drain, some apps hang issue , slow booting time, charging time is also very slow and most annoying issue is my location is continuously flickers in time and weather widget when its in lock screen and it also shows wrong time. Please help me if any one know the solution or should i wait for the sense 7 till march.
    02-10-2015 10:47 PM

Yes, the first time was slow... Seems normal now. Boots up a helluva lot faster though... Must have reenabled fast boot.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-11-2015 02:43 AM
    My M8 battery drains so fast in lolipop, last nite it fully charged and at 10PM the phone will be in safe mode,only phone signal that active, no data and wifi. When i woke up at 6.30 my battery level is 85%.... that's bad.
    02-12-2015 12:39 AM
    My phone is crippled since the update to Lollipop. The battery drains so so quickly that the phone will be at 100% and have powered itself off by 4pm without me even using the phone!

Wifi and Bluetooth are enabled. But they are alwys enabled, even with the previous KitKat and the phone would last up to 1.5 days !

I can't see any clear must have advantages to the update either...

02-23-2015 03:15 PM
    One thing that is way different is if I reboot and then open recent apps there are a ton from my last session still up and running. This includes when I turn off my phone at night and get up in the morning and turn it on, there are 10 - 12 apps up and running that I used the day before. Used to be empty on a power on.
    02-23-2015 07:01 PM
    One thing that is way different is if I reboot and then open recent apps there are a ton from my last session still up and running. This includes when I turn off my phone at night and get up in the morning and turn it on, there are 10 - 12 apps up and running that I used the day before. Used to be empty on a power on.
    They aren't actually running. They are just a history of recent tasks. Its just a list.

If you want to know what is actually running, go to settings / apps / and scroll right to the running screen.
    02-23-2015 07:06 PM
    They aren't actually running. They are just a history of recent tasks. Its just a list.

If you want to know what is actually running, go to settings / apps / and scroll right to the running screen.
    Nice to know, but they weren't there in KitKat, so it is different.
    02-23-2015 07:19 PM
    yes i agree
    it takes longer to charge and the battery drains faster
    05-04-2015 04:50 AM
26 12