10-24-2016 12:10 AM
114 1234 ...
tools
    Yeah unfortunately I've tried it all I'm still getting noticeable lag
    Je11ss and PHENG YOU YOU like this.
    02-12-2015 09:07 PM
    Mine is still lagging. I have cleared my cache, i have uninstalled and reinstalled apps and have factory reset it. it is quite frustrating, It wont let me open half of my apps, it can't keep up when i am writing a text and it lags to show new message in my inbox.
    02-12-2015 11:45 PM
    Mine is still lagging. I have cleared my cache, i have uninstalled and reinstalled apps and have factory reset it. it is quite frustrating, It wont let me open half of my apps, it can't keep up when i am writing a text and it lags to show new message in my inbox.
    Do you run Facebook?
    02-13-2015 12:19 AM
    Mine was a bit sluggish when I first upgraded by I cleared the cache partition then did a factory reset and started new (didn't install anything from backup) and now the phone flies! Seriously fast, much more so than my nexus 5 on lollipop and probably more so than when my one m8 was brand new

Posted via the Android Central App
    Renatas Mockus likes this.
    02-13-2015 04:10 AM
    I had no problems with battery discharging faster after Lolly but I did clear the cache and a few days later did a factory reset and I am pleasantly surprised at how long the battery life is with Lolly. Lolly is faster also than KK.
    finaiized likes this.
    02-13-2015 07:53 AM
    Ever since i updated to the new software yesterday my phone has been lagging when i open up messages but especially using the keyboard, i can basically write an entire message out before it shows and the haptic feedback kicks in.. its ridiculous.
    I've power cycled, cleaned it (clean master) and its still doing it..
    i don't have a lot on this phone as it is, im using 11% of my storage, i have about 20 photos, no music or videos, i keep running apps to a minimum... any advice, or at least anyone having the same issue?
    02-14-2015 10:04 PM
    I like it
    02-14-2015 10:06 PM
    Madia Audio Imach
    02-14-2015 10:22 PM
    I had no problems with battery discharging faster after Lolly but I did clear the cache and a few days later did a factory reset and I am pleasantly surprised at how long the battery life is with Lolly. Lolly is faster also than KK.
    And I did NONE OF THOSE THINGS!
    I did have faster batter drain, but after letting it run till it powered off by itself then charged it overnight.

No reset, no cache clear. This phone is flying faster than ever. I'm 14h and 58 minutes on battery, and have 76% left, 2 days left.

People having problems should start disabling bloatware apps that they don't need, killing sounds in Facebook, and finding out what apps are using the battery.
    02-15-2015 02:45 AM
    I'm experiencing the same (or similar) issue since upgrading my M8 to Lollipop.

Whenever I open the stock message app, and select a message thread by tapping the contacts name, the message thread will not appear automatically as it did pre-update. The small "loading" circle will appear at the top beside their name and the messages will appear after about 5-10 seconds. In addition, I can no longer type out a message instantly - there is some strong lag, and characters do not appear as they are typed. Typically, I need to wait about 15-20 seconds now before I can type and send a text message. Occasionally, I can open the message app and use it quickly as I did before but I'd say that it only functions properly about 20% of the time. This is clearly related to the update as I had no prior issues with phone beforehand but I don't understand the root cause. I've cleared the partition and rebooted several times to no avail. I've been putting off a factory reset in the hopes that someone else has found a fix.
    02-16-2015 01:44 PM
    I'm experiencing the same (or similar) issue since upgrading my M8 to Lollipop.

Whenever I open the stock message app, and select a message thread by tapping the contacts name, the message thread will not appear automatically as it did pre-update. The small "loading" circle will appear at the top beside their name and the messages will appear after about 5-10 seconds. In addition, I can no longer type out a message instantly - there is some strong lag, and characters do not appear as they are typed. Typically, I need to wait about 15-20 seconds now before I can type and send a text message. Occasionally, I can open the message app and use it quickly as I did before but I'd say that it only functions properly about 20% of the time. This is clearly related to the update as I had no prior issues with phone beforehand but I don't understand the root cause. I've cleared the partition and rebooted several times to no avail. I've been putting off a factory reset in the hopes that someone else has found a fix.
    I've got the exact same issue. I do not have Facebook installed on my device, so that is not the issue. I am, however, using SwiftKey.

02-18-2015 01:13 PM
    I've got the exact same issue. I do not have Facebook installed on my device, so that is not the issue. I am, however, using SwiftKey.

Are you sure you don't have Facebook? Seems to me that it came on the phone, and the best you can do is disabled it.

Settings your message purge limits lower might help too. Walking long message chain can be slow, especially if they become corrupted.

The hangout app is finally competent enough to handle sms, as well as hangouts and that might be another solution.
    02-18-2015 01:31 PM
    I had to change the Google Play services to the 438 lollipop version because it stayed on the 38 Kit Kat version after the update. Not sure if that happened to anyone else but it caused irratic behaviour.

02-18-2015 03:48 PM
    I had to change the Google Play services to the 438 lollipop version because it stayed on the 38 Kit Kat version after the update. Not sure if that happened to anyone else but it caused irratic behaviour.

How did you know that you had to do this, what was your clue?
    How did you know it was the source of the erratic (yes erratic is how it is spelled) behavior?
    02-18-2015 05:10 PM
    Apps you can disable which may save battery or prevent Lag
    These were found on an un-locked M8, not a carrier version:

Automotive_Traffic
    FlexNet (spyware)
    Frisbee Contacts
    Google Play Games
    Google Play Newsstand
    Google+
    Google Plus for HTC Sense
    HTC Account
    HTC DM
    HTC Recommend
    Instagram for HTC Sense
    Kid Mode
    Linkedin for HTC Sense
    Location Picker
    MyGoogleDrive (the one with the HTC logo)
    Scribble
    Skype (battery hog)
    TetheringGuard
    Twitter
    Twitter for HTC Sense
    UDove more spyware
    Zoe (useless)
    FlipFont (chinese characters in title)

There is also a Facebook for HTC Sense app that you can't uninstall and
    you also can't disable, even if you never use facebook. This is a duplicate service, and
    if you have ever configured a Facebook account this thing will launch, and you
    have no control over what it does.
    (All of the above carry an implied Unless you use it clause.

One package that you can't Disable in Settings/Apps is Demoflowpackageinstaller
    but it can be disabled in Settings / Security / Apps with Usage Access.
    I have no idea what this is.
    Renatas Mockus likes this.
    02-18-2015 05:35 PM
    How did you know that you had to do this, what was your clue?
    How did you know it was the source of the erratic (yes erratic is how it is spelled) behavior?
    It kept asking me to update Google Services and I would click on it and there would be nothing to install. Then I went into apps and realized it still had the old one. I uninstalled it from there to get it back to factory which was the 438 version and then the play store update was available. The phone was much smoother after that.

02-18-2015 09:38 PM
    Are you sure you don't have Facebook? Seems to me that it came on the phone, and the best you can do is disabled it.

Settings your message purge limits lower might help too. Walking long message chain can be slow, especially if they become corrupted.

The hangout app is finally competent enough to handle sms, as well as hangouts and that might be another solution.
    Yes. I am sure. Thanks for asking.

02-19-2015 03:19 PM
    OK, I'm no expert, but have been with Android since it came to handsets. I will have to say that lollipop should of been post-poned untill it was ready for mainstream use. It almost ruined my nevus 7 2013, and has really ****ED UP MY HTC M8! We are not test bots Google....... We are humans so fix what lollipop has broken. kit Kat had a few issues but my phone was fluid and fast as it was smooth. So now after all the resetting, power offs, Cache wipes, colen cleansing, herbal battery massage and all the other **** being fed to us my phone still is damaged after lollipop 5.0.1.
    Thanks Google.

02-20-2015 08:03 AM
    Wow! Its work. .. Thank you so much. ..
    02-26-2015 12:34 AM
    Wow! Its work. .. Thank you so much. ..
    What worked? You didn't tell us what you did.
    02-26-2015 01:18 AM
    OK, I'm no expert, but have been with Android since it came to handsets. I will have to say that lollipop should of been post-poned untill it was ready for mainstream use. It almost ruined my nevus 7 2013, and has really ****ED UP MY HTC M8! We are not test bots Google....... We are humans so fix what lollipop has broken. kit Kat had a few issues but my phone was fluid and fast as it was smooth. So now after all the resetting, power offs, Cache wipes, colen cleansing, herbal battery massage and all the other **** being fed to us my phone still is damaged after lollipop 5.0.1.
    Thanks Google.

My Nexus 7 and my M8 are both great with lollipop

02-26-2015 04:57 AM
    My Nexus 7 and my M8 are both great with lollipop

Same here...
    02-26-2015 05:01 AM
    My experience about lollipop update is very bad. My Htc one m8 is not fast anymore. Have the same problems as users above.
    Today was the first time since I bought it when I had to restart my phone by presing power button + volume up, because it didn't respond at all. The phone just freezed when I downloaded a torrent. It never happened before with kit kat software. While downloading the torrents I could do anything whith my phone for ex. Playing games, films, browsing Internet and etc.
    I really not enjoying Lollipop so far.

03-01-2015 05:40 AM
    cheers mate.Gonna try your advice
    03-01-2015 05:46 AM
    Another general question:

Are you guys that are having all sorts of problems with lag using encrypted storage on either the phone storage or the SD card?

I'm not using encryption, and I've never had any lag, but I had two days of high battery useage. Now its better battery life than I had before.
    03-03-2015 08:46 PM
114 1234 ...