10-24-2016 12:10 AM
114 ... 2345
tools
    Ok I tried a factory reset and so far so good, the phone is running quickly again. Hopefully this lasts! I don't understand why we still have to factory reset in 2015, but so it goes. At least it's all working now, it was about two hours of pain resetting everything but it's all smooth as butter once again.
    puch96 likes this.
    04-16-2015 01:57 PM
    The AT&T Lollipop update has basically rendered my HTC One M8 useless. Boot time is 4-5 minutes where is was 30 seconds prior to update. There used to be a setting for quick start up when booting on (not restart) and I can no longer find it in settings. The keyboard will not load frequently, phone locks, battery life decline, delay in opening apps, etc. Is it safe to rollback to Kit-Kat and if so, how is that done? Any suggestions are appreciated.
    04-17-2015 08:04 AM
    Ok I tried a factory reset and so far so good, the phone is running quickly again. Hopefully this lasts! I don't understand why we still have to factory reset in 2015, but so it goes. At least it's all working now, it was about two hours of pain resetting everything but it's all smooth as butter once again.
    Unfortunately, the best way to apply major updates to any device is to factory reset then apply the update. Upgrading over your existing device will usually work out worse whether it's an Android phone, Windows computer or a router. Software isn't that clever and it leaves a cluttering mess in most instances.
    04-18-2015 01:20 PM
    One thing I've noticed is that my m8 on At&t after updating is that it runs much hotter than before. GSam reports anywhere from 80F to 110 F just having the screen on browsing the Web at low brightness. I'm getting only 16hrs with maybe an hour of call time and 2.5hrs screen on.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-18-2015 06:37 PM
    Unfortunately... Software isn't that clever and it leaves a cluttering mess in most instances.
    "Smart" phones - haha. We don't have smart phones yet.

On a less jovial note, on AT&T service with the M8, my update became available a few weeks ago. I've updated and noticed my built-in text messaging app would freeze a lot. I've installed a 3rd party app instead and no longer have problems. No issues with fb... other than it's a horrible app and I only use it to dismiss notifications. I've noticed in general my battery life seems to be slightly shorter, but all in all most features run smoothly. Perhaps there is just a little bit more lag (1/10 or so of a second) than before. I have restarted (close all apps & restart, not power off/on). Going to try power off to see if that lag improves any.
    04-20-2015 03:18 PM
    How do I do that? I have had problems for the last 6 weeks since I updated. Battery drains much much faster. Other issues too. What will I lose by doing factory reset? What will I need to remember to change back to? Thank you.
    I did the Nustart thing and it did seem to make the phone more responsive. I added the Gservicefix app and it did not seem to help much. The battery draws down alot when screen is in use, more than with 4.4 The app did a thing for just a few seconds, I assume that is all its supposed to do? Thank you.
    04-22-2015 11:27 AM
    Had the same problem with lag in the built in message app. Once I deleted all the old threads it instantly got better. Don't know if you tried that

Posted via Android Central App
    04-27-2015 10:51 PM
    I don't know if I'd describe it as lag necessarily but building the recent apps has become an annoyance. Press the multitasking button then wait for the longest second ever. Ha

Definitely takes away from the fluidity of multitasking.
    04-28-2015 01:07 AM
    Anybody heard about the problems with the latest update to Android System Webview? I'm going to try uninstalling this to see if it has any impact. http://www.droid-life.com/2015/04/27...ystem-webview/
    04-28-2015 04:39 AM
    Anybody heard about the problems with the latest update to Android System Webview? I'm going to try uninstalling this to see if it has any impact. http://www.droid-life.com/2015/04/27...ystem-webview/
    For me that only helps with apps force closing.
    04-28-2015 04:53 AM
    Though I like the look of the card view, I had to switch back to the grid view. Seems much better. Time to populate might not be better but the way it populates gives me the impression that it is. Grid is HTC's default anyway so...
    04-28-2015 06:20 PM
    Hey , i dont know about you but my m8 used to lag annoyingly... And i figured out that the gesture 'magnification' option was responsible...
    go to options - accessibility - magnification gesture *off*
    hope it works for you
    05-17-2015 03:21 PM
    My HTC One M8 is much worst since the Lolliflop update. Battery used to be great, now it sucks. It lags a lot also, used to be super smooth. Very disapointed, to be honest. Did a factory reset after the update, of course, didnt work. Is there something we can do or should we just hope for google/htc to fix it?
    I used to have a great phone, almost perfect. Now its just an ok phone, imo. Lollipop was more a downgrade than a upgrade.
    05-22-2015 09:04 AM
    This is also happening on my M7 from Verizon. I've of course gotten tired of the lagging on my text Messenger app and have shutdown, restarted numerous times in the last 2 weeks since my update. I cleared the Cache Partition as well with little change. I think I'm hearing there is an update to 5.1.1 which fixes this issue? Currently on 5.0.2. Any other advice for me on this one? No updates are available to me yet on this phone...
    06-01-2015 11:06 PM
    I have HTC one m8 it made me very bored because of what when I do chat to my friends by Facebook messenger so it's hanging for ten to fifteen seconds nothing working when the massage send to the other then start works again.. please do you have any solution.. otherwise I'll sell it..
    06-02-2015 10:54 AM
    Using HTC Backup makes a reset easy. Using Restore it really does all the leg work including settings and apps, emails, messages.... just a couple of tweaks and signing back into a few apps, and done. 15 minutes....
    Super Dave426 likes this.
    06-02-2015 12:23 PM
    I used htc backup and it didn't work properly, the last backup it recognized was one from months before. Complete waste of time.
    06-02-2015 01:03 PM
    I used htc backup and it didn't work properly, the last backup it recognized was one from months before. Complete waste of time.
    Plus there is the whole aspect of sending all your phone content to some Company in China on the basis of some vague promise of privacy.
    It just seems like a Bad Idea(tm). Its bad enough that we have to sell our soul to google, and a carrier. Adding more does not seem better.
    Ok, ok, i'll step away from the tin foil now....
    06-02-2015 01:58 PM
    Not a complete waste of time for me. It's worked flawlessly at least 6 times over three phones, including setting up my M8 from my Htc Evo 4g......
    06-02-2015 03:37 PM
    Plus there is the whole aspect of sending all your phone content to some Company in China on the basis of some vague promise of privacy.
    It just seems like a Bad Idea(tm). Its bad enough that we have to sell our soul to google, and a carrier. Adding more does not seem better.
    Ok, ok, i'll step away from the tin foil now....
    Lol........ Between Drop Box, Google Drive, Instagram, Facebook, Linked In, that ships sailed years ago.
    06-02-2015 03:39 PM
    Not a complete waste of time for me. It's worked flawlessly at least 6 times over three phones, including setting up my M8 from my Htc Evo 4g......
    Do you have htc backup connected to Dropbox or do you use it with Google Drive?
    06-02-2015 03:46 PM
    Do you have htc backup connected to Dropbox or do you use it with Google Drive?
    Mine is on Dropbox.
    06-02-2015 06:42 PM
    Mine is on Dropbox.
    Mine was too. Now it's on Google Drive, hope it works next time I need it
    06-02-2015 08:02 PM
    I notice the most lag when switching between networks. Whenever my phone automatically connects to WiFi it becomes almost unusable for a minute. Also happens when disconnecting from wifi and going to 4g. It's super annoying.

Posted via the Android Central App
    06-03-2015 10:20 AM
    My lag seems to be whenever syncing takes place. HTC has tried to convince me that's it's because of the number of contacts I have stored through Google, but it's no more contacts than what I had before the update.
    06-03-2015 10:45 AM
114 ... 2345