10-24-2016 12:10 AM
114 ... 345
tools
    Please follow my steps here.

1. go to setting
    2. about phone
    3. software version
    4. you need find build number
    5. press 5 times on build number until you will see a message " You are the developer"
    6. Exit from from there
    7. go back to setting
    8. scroll down look for developer option
    9. select developer option then click ok then scroll down go to advanced TAB then under the animation you will see

.window animation scale ( .1x )
    .transition animation scale ( .1x )
    .animator duration scale ( .1x )

click on each tab on this select .5x then close all open application running background.

You will see your phone now superfast.
    06-09-2015 11:56 AM
    Please follow my steps here.

1. go to setting
    2. about phone
    3. software version
    4. you need find build number
    5. press 5 times on build number until you will see a message " You are the developer"
    6. Exit from from there
    7. go back to setting
    8. scroll down look for developer option
    9. select developer option then click ok then scroll down go to advanced TAB then under the animation you will see

.window animation scale ( .1x )
    .transition animation scale ( .1x )
    .animator duration scale ( .1x )

click on each tab on this select .5x then close all open application running background.

You will see your phone now superfast.
    I noticed all of my animations are set at (1x), not (.1x). Should I make the change to (.5x)?
    06-09-2015 01:45 PM
    Unfortunately, the best way to apply major updates to any device is to factory reset then apply the update. Upgrading over your existing device will usually work out worse whether it's an Android phone, Windows computer or a router.
    No.
    06-11-2015 11:59 AM
    I have the same problem since the update but never noticed this. i'll try it out thx for the info
    06-11-2015 07:10 PM
    No.
    Exactly: NO.
    Android isn't windows.
    06-11-2015 10:34 PM
    I noticed all of my animations are set at (1x), not (.1x). Should I make the change to (.5x)?
    Yeah my default is 1x, only lower option is 0.5x... not sure what's up

I've tried almost everything here and still get major lockups. I'm convinced it's the update, I was thinking of going to Cynaogen but my work will not allow rooted phones w/ email... so I'm stuck. Hopefully 5.1 will be thoroughly tested and speed things up. I know the Nexus 5 is very similar issues with 5.0 and it was resolved with 5.1
    jhilker likes this.
    06-29-2015 05:38 PM
    Thank you! I turned off the sounds on both Facebook and Messenger and it completely fixed the freezing issue!
    07-06-2015 08:21 AM
    Thank you! I turned off the sounds on both Facebook and Messenger and it completely fixed the freezing issue!
    So you didn't make the changes mentioned above in developer options?

Sent from my Sprint HTC One M8 using Tapatalk.
    07-06-2015 11:53 AM
    Had to do a factory reset in order to clear the laggy performance. All works as advertised now

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
    07-26-2015 03:00 PM
    Lollipop update made the htc m8 laggy. after a few days the recents screen takes longer to show the apps, also some apps takes longer to open and battery life got worse. i downgraded to 4.4.3 and will never update again. everything is smooth again.
    alexisv635 likes this.
    08-16-2015 10:21 PM
    Factory resets should be done before and/or after any major OS update.
    Like reinstalling Windows, factory resets are done when you don't know the right way to fix something.
    12-13-2015 09:49 PM
    Guys I've fixed the keyboard lag!!!!

You don't need to reset your phone or install a new keyboard at all. It all happened since the update right?......go to "settings", go to "apps", click on "all apps", find "HTC sense", go into it and click "uninstall update". Done!! God I feel so clever lol

Hope it works for all you guys too

Edzilla83
    07-29-2016 08:31 AM
    Using the Facebook messenger app, I came across an issue where when I sent a message on my HTC One M8 running stock android 5.0.1 with sense 6 unlocked, it would sometimes freeze for around 10 seconds, locking up both the app and most of the functionality of my phone.
    Since I've had this issue and have been able to replicate it after using HTC's tool to reinstall my OS and only the messenger app, I figure other people will as well.
    Sorry for the keywords, trying to make this google-able on the chance other people have this issue with their HTC One M8 on lollipop unlocked or developer edition phone using the Facebook messenger app.
    The issue seems to come from the in-app sounds. When my phone is on silent or vibrate, I can send messages without the hang or lag, but as soon as I turn the ringtone volume up passed muted, it starts to go really slow again.
    My solution to this is to go into the fb messenger app settings, and uncheck the box that says "in-app sounds".
    I have sent multiple reports of the bug to Facebook, so hopefully it'll be patched soon enough.
    Except.. it solved my issue as dream, thanks..
    10-24-2016 12:02 AM
    I changed from HTC to iPhone because of it.. it's in the way..ha ha
    10-24-2016 12:10 AM
114 ... 345