Why is my HTC One M8 lagging after Lollipop 5.0 update?

onetymuser

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
This is also happening on my M7 from Verizon. I've of course gotten tired of the lagging on my text Messenger app and have shutdown, restarted numerous times in the last 2 weeks since my update. I cleared the Cache Partition as well with little change. I think I'm hearing there is an update to 5.1.1 which fixes this issue? Currently on 5.0.2. Any other advice for me on this one? No updates are available to me yet on this phone...

Shahzad Ali3

Jun 2, 2015
Visit site
I have HTC one m8 it made me very bored because of what when I do chat to my friends by Facebook messenger so it's hanging for ten to fifteen seconds nothing working when the massage send to the other then start works again.. please do you have any solution.. otherwise I'll sell it..

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 Lagging after Lollypop 5.0

Using HTC Backup makes a reset easy. Using Restore it really does all the leg work including settings and apps, emails, messages.... just a couple of tweaks and signing back into a few apps, and done. 15 minutes....

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

I used htc backup and it didn't work properly, the last backup it recognized was one from months before. Complete waste of time.

icebike

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site

I used htc backup and it didn't work properly, the last backup it recognized was one from months before. Complete waste of time.

Plus there is the whole aspect of sending all your phone content to some Company in China on the basis of some vague promise of privacy.
It just seems like a Bad Idea(tm). Its bad enough that we have to sell our soul to google, and a carrier. Adding more does not seem better.
Ok, ok, i'll step away from the tin foil now....

mfreeland

Apr 26, 2011
Visit site
Not a complete waste of time for me. It's worked flawlessly at least 6 times over three phones, including setting up my M8 from my Htc Evo 4g......

Plus there is the whole aspect of sending all your phone content to some Company in China on the basis of some vague promise of privacy.
It just seems like a Bad Idea(tm). Its bad enough that we have to sell our soul to google, and a carrier. Adding more does not seem better.
Ok, ok, i'll step away from the tin foil now....
Lol........ Between Drop Box, Google Drive, Instagram, Facebook, Linked In, that ships sailed years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:

badelhas

Jul 30, 2012
Visit site

Not a complete waste of time for me. It's worked flawlessly at least 6 times over three phones, including setting up my M8 from my Htc Evo 4g......
Do you have htc backup connected to Dropbox or do you use it with Google Drive?

wmurch3

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site

I notice the most lag when switching between networks. Whenever my phone automatically connects to WiFi it becomes almost unusable for a minute. Also happens when disconnecting from wifi and going to 4g. It's super annoying.

Posted via the Android Central App

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

My lag seems to be whenever syncing takes place. HTC has tried to convince me that's it's because of the number of contacts I have stored through Google, but it's no more contacts than what I had before the update.

RichardXav

Jun 9, 2015
Visit site

Please follow my steps here.

1. go to setting
2. about phone
3. software version
4. you need find build number
5. press 5 times on build number until you will see a message " You are the developer"
6. Exit from from there
7. go back to setting
8. scroll down look for developer option
9. select developer option then click ok then scroll down go to advanced TAB then under the animation you will see

.window animation scale ( .1x )
.transition animation scale ( .1x )
.animator duration scale ( .1x )

click on each tab on this select .5x then close all open application running background.

You will see your phone now superfast.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

Please follow my steps here.

1. go to setting
2. about phone
3. software version
4. you need find build number
5. press 5 times on build number until you will see a message " You are the developer"
6. Exit from from there
7. go back to setting
8. scroll down look for developer option
9. select developer option then click ok then scroll down go to advanced TAB then under the animation you will see

.window animation scale ( .1x )
.transition animation scale ( .1x )
.animator duration scale ( .1x )

click on each tab on this select .5x then close all open application running background.

You will see your phone now superfast.
I noticed all of my animations are set at (1x), not (.1x). Should I make the change to (.5x)?

zpwls

May 22, 2014
Visit site

Unfortunately, the best way to apply major updates to any device is to factory reset then apply the update. Upgrading over your existing device will usually work out worse whether it's an Android phone, Windows computer or a router.

No.

kash55

Mar 21, 2012
Visit site

I noticed all of my animations are set at (1x), not (.1x). Should I make the change to (.5x)?

Yeah my default is 1x, only lower option is 0.5x... not sure what's up

I've tried almost everything here and still get major lockups. I'm convinced it's the update, I was thinking of going to Cynaogen but my work will not allow rooted phones w/ email... so I'm stuck. Hopefully 5.1 will be thoroughly tested and speed things up. I know the Nexus 5 is very similar issues with 5.0 and it was resolved with 5.1

Bierich

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site

Had to do a factory reset in order to clear the laggy performance. All works as advertised now

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad