Lollipop Missing 90 Day Window?

kgbkny

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I converted my AT&T-branded HTC M8 to the Developer Edition and received Lollipop before AT&T's version got 4.4.4. I have a feeling that carrier meddling is once again responsible for the delay.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
For huge values of "hardly any". I don't know of a phone that hasn't had issued with 5.0 or 5.0.1. I'd rather that they do their own alpha and beta testing. I've been retired from doing those things (for money) for a while now, so I'm not doing them for free on my phone. 4.4.4? Yes - I want the SSL fix. Lollipop? I can't stand the "Material Design" look anyway, so why would I want to put up with bugs to get it?

As Nick said, don't get it out fast, get it out right. I fired people for messing up software less than some of the recent updates.

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I reckon Sense actually saved Lollipops *** rather than be a hindrance to the 90 day window.

Just two examples - on the Nexus devices you can't pin applications (which is quite cool), nor can you change the recent applications back to grid view. Sense saves the day once again.

Bassbiker

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm not surprised. I see Sprint is still only in Stage 2 integration so I'm not anticipating any update from them for at least 60 days. Meanwhile, life goes on so I'm gonna go do something fun dammit! :D:cool:

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm not surprised. I see Sprint is still only in Stage 2 integration so I'm not anticipating any update from them for at least 60 days. Meanwhile, life goes on so I'm gonna go do something fun dammit! :D:cool:

Don't trust what you see on HTC software update status. I've seen it go from Integration to roll out complete in a day..... ;)