Hi. i am not tech savvy at all: updated to 5.0.1 (lollipop ?) yesterday and my phone beeps and buzzes not just when i get a message (it seems to be all forms of msg - gmail, whats app, exchange work email etc ) but EVERY FEW SECONDS thereafter until i acknowledge that i have a message by reading it or swiping it away.

If you crank the volume down , you have an option to leave on silent and no vibrate. it vibrates even when you are in "silent-non vibrate setting" . aaarrrggghhhhhhhh.

Have tried everything i can think of.

Also - i seem to have lost several of the options as to how to unlock the phone? before it was pretty simple to eliminate the stage of swiping up on the padlock symbol before you hit the pattern: ie when you woke the phone up you saw the pattern straight away. anyone else noticed this?

Have tried googling "undo software update on htc one m8" but there seems to be zero info on this. i would like to turn back the clock.

If it aint broke ....

Please help before i go mad.

Thanks very much.

Dave,
    02-03-2015 03:58 AM
    Hi Dave,

I had the exact same issue when I updated my phone to Lollipop. It was driving me mad so much I ended up turning off my phone when I wasn't using it for long periods of time as I couldn't stand the constant buzzing telling me I had another notification.

I contacted HTC about this a number of times and after speaking to about 6 different people I was finally shown the light and my phone no longer vibrates all day. Try this:-

- goto settings
    - Accessibity
    -scroll down to 'Notification reminder'
    - Press this so that it is OFF

This has worked for me so fingers crossed!!
    02-03-2015 04:40 AM
    After Lollipop there's no way to avoid this two-steps process to unlock the phone. But you can interact with the notifications in the lockscreen. You can dismiss then swiping left or right, or double tap to go to the app.

You can only go back to kitkat rooting your phone.

After a system update it's always a good idea wiping the cache partition on recovery mode. It can fix some problems and improve performance.
    02-03-2015 04:42 AM
    really appreciate it. FIXED!

many thanks.
    02-03-2015 07:32 AM
    I'm going to try nwcub77's solution becausE that was driving me NUTS. Fingers crossed!!

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-15-2015 12:42 PM
    Blame Lollipop for this one.

Posted via the Android Central App
    02-15-2015 09:03 PM