Why is my HTC Weather Service syncing continuously?

NeilB514

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
HTC Weather Service syncing continuously

I noticed last night the weather sense widget on my lock screen wasn't giving updated weather information ("weather unavailable") and it was having trouble updating the location of the phone. I went to check the sync settings and saw something that, to me, is really weird. The account for the weather service is syncing continuously. It's set to update every hour, but the sync is running, being completed, and then running again, over and over (it's like watching the screen flicker). A quick search of the fora returned a lot of results about the weather widget not updating, but nothing about sync going haywire.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC Weather Service syncing continuously

Welcome to Android Central! Did this persist after a reboot? How about going to Settings>App Manager, selecting HTC Weather, and Clearing Cache/Data?

NeilB514

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
After talking with HTC chat support I did a full factory reset. Seems to be working OK now. Hopefully there was some conflict in the OS that was causing it and that has now been resolved. Otherwise, if it happens again, they said send it in for repair, but since its such a minor thing I might just keep it unsynced.

thanks for responding!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad it works now! Although did you try a reboot before the full factory reset? Factory reset just seems a bit drastic for that.