Any HTC One M8 repair shops in the (562) Long Beach area?

Ayyee_Jayy

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
A few weeks ago my M8 started acting up. At first I thought it was just a faulty charging cord but I used other cords and it still kept disconnecting until it was in one specific spot. A couple days after the charging port had gotten extremely loose and it wouldn't connect if it was pushed in all the way. I've cleaned the charging port multiple times making sure there was no pocket lint stuck in the port. Now it has gotten very frustrating since I'm not able to plug my phone in and leave now I need to concentrate on finding that spot where it actually connects and monitor it to see if it's charging every 10 minutes.

I'm planning on buying a replacement charging port/audio jack soon but I am nervous replacing it myself since there's a risk in causing more damage to the phone.

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
make sure you watch several tear down videos on youtube and make sure you have the right tools.
The M7 and M8 are tough phones for the DIY person.
I manage a repair center in Dallas and even my techs complain about the M7/M8 compared to other devices.

killa2dahead

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
i live in the long beach area and just recently broke my screen and am going to replace it with a new one. i could definitely get back to you and tell you how easy/hard it was to do after i attempt it. but from what ive seen it isnt that difficult. i do not know if they sell the charging port separately

killa2dahead

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Not hard at all to take apart. You just have to be careful and have a teeny bit of knowledge of how to take apart things and be somewhat good with your hands. They do sell the charger port separately because it is just a module inside and comes off fairly easy but I did not look up where exactly they sold it. My guess ebay. The charger port is really easy to replace compared to the screen I am trying to do.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
arslan