M8 Pandora volume increasing by itself

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm pretty new to the HTC M8 (Harman and Kardon edition) I switch over from Apple and I've noticed a problem I can't seem to fix, maybe someone here can help me. While listening to Pandora at random times my volume will jump up to maximum high hurting my ears until I press the volume button manually (increase or decrease) to make it return to its original setting. Is there like an automatic volume detection setting or something? I'd really like to fix this because my ears keep taking a beating. Thanks for any help given.

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
There is the Pocket Mode (Settings - Sound and notification) when enabled it automatically maximize the ringtone sound when M8 is in your pocket. That's supposed to be just for the ringtone, still, it wouldn't harm to disable it and see if it will fix your issue or not.

Sent from my HTC One M8

LolliDal

Feb 15, 2015
Visit site
I had the same issue before upgrading to lollipop, haven't tested it since. I'd have my earphones in and Pandora would change songs then increase the volume to full blast.

Posted via the Android Central App

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Ok I thought I resolved the issue and it went away for a little bit, but now has returned and is doing it even more frequently than before. Pandora said it isn't a problem on their end, I sent them an email. This is getting rediculous, such an expensive phone and its literally making my ears hurt on a daily basis. This is a problem that really needs to be fixed.

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
I'm still new to android so I have no idea what lollipop is, I can only imagine its the new operating system? If that's so my phone is completely up to date and the problem still persists

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1