Lollipop battery discharge pattern different?

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
It might be the way my phone is set up but I've definitely noticed a difference in the way the battery discharges. On kit Kat my phone would discharge fairly quickly to around 80%. Then this rapid discharge rate would plateau and would level off and it would discharge at a more steadier speed until about 15-20% where it would discharge would speed up a bit. Now on lollipop it discharges at a rapid rate quickly to about 50%before it levels off...
As I said it maybe something to specific do with the apps I have on my phone but wanted to know if anybody else had noticed lollipop had a different battery discharge pattern compared to kit Kat

I would be happy to hear...

Ps I have done cache wipe and factory reset twice so that's why I was thinking if it's not lollipop itself then maybe an app I have installed.

Thanks for reading

icwhatudidthere

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site
Lollipop has updated battery and power management functions under the hood. There's a new scheduler for things like maintenance tasks for example. Look up Project Volta to get an idea of what's changed. I wouldn't read too much into rate of discharge unless you're comparing actual graphs and slopes. Otherwise you're liable to read into it subjectively.

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Have you installed any Antivirus from the PlayStore? As while most of them claims to be power-friendly and doesn't cause rapid battery-drainage, it is not really true.

I tried several Antivirus apps (Avast, 360 Security, .... etc) but they all caused a quick discharge. The only Antivirus I used that didn't effect the power is (CM Security)

Sent from my HTC One M8

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for replies, no I haven't used any anti virus software. I'm thinking it has something to do with lollipop os. I will have a look at Project Volta info. Thanks again

Geezerb

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
After a few days in use, I can definitely say my battery life has improved. Right now I am at 84%. Normally at this time it would show 65-75. My usage has not changed. I unplug phone at 7am & it is now after 4pm. I like!

neo905

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Have you installed any Antivirus from the PlayStore? As while most of them claims to be power-friendly and doesn't cause rapid battery-drainage, it is not really true.

I tried several Antivirus apps (Avast, 360 Security, .... etc) but they all caused a quick discharge. The only Antivirus I used that didn't effect the power is (CM Security)

Sent from my HTC One M8

Eset security is very light on resources as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

John Westenhaver

Feb 14, 2015
Visit site
Well, I took the dive and updated to Lollipop. Not a good move. Battery life dropped to under 3 hours of normal use. KitKat gave me about 5 if I was kind to it. The phone now gets hot and it's always telling me that it's shutting things down and slowing the processor to dissipate heat. Not sure why a company would release a product that doesn't work worth a ***n I changed back to droid from IOS phones after about a 5 year hiatus from Android, now I'm starting to regret my decision. If anyone can help fix this and the other problems (slow, slow, slow) I would love to hear your suggestions. Thanks

mwake4goten

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Well since writing this post, I'm not sure wether I've just got used to the way the battery discharges on lollipop or battery life is improving but it seems a little bit better....maybe it takes a few days for everything to settle down. Although i still don't think it's better than Kit Kat, but it's better than the first time I installed lollipop and so within acceptable limits for me now. Hopefully the htc engineers are working on the sense 7 version to make it even better battery wise.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trudycharles