pictures from app store and apps in gallery

jedidev

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Sorry if this is posted and its been covered I couldn't find it.

Had my M8 about a week now and I'm noticing that my gallery is auto downloading and showing pictures from apps and pictures from the play store. I use the sky sports news app alot and my gallery is littered with pictures of random sports stars. Lol....

Help?? Please :)

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! The Gallery will show all images that are in the phone's storage--including cached images from the web and images that apps use, unless the directory they reside it includes a file called ".nomedia" (which instructs the system to ignore that directory when looking for images to populate the gallery with). So if an app's developer isn't very diligent (or very good), and if they don't code the app to include this ".nomedia" file in the directory where the app caches images, then all of those images will show up in the gallery.

If you can find those directories, you can add a .nomedia file yourself by using a 3rd party file manager app liked ES File Explorer, and using it to create a blank file that is named ".nomedia" (without the quotes, of course).