Charged me new phone from the wall socket to full (100%). Played around with it for abit then downloaded around 30 apps...

Noticed as its downloading and installing the apps, the battery is draining fast - should this happen...the battery is near 83% after downloading and installing nearly all of three apps?

Also.....

I noticed the percent dropped from 100 to 99 dead quickly?
    02-21-2015 06:07 PM
    It's not that unusual to drop from 100 to 99 pretty soon after unplugging. Installing apps does take a decent amount of energy--did the battery drop from 100% to 83% after only installing 3 apps, or had you played around with it first?

Whenever anyone has a new phone, battery life for the first day or two often seems suboptimal because the user is often testing out various features and opening a lot of different apps, as well as installing a bunch of apps. See how the battery life is after a few more days of normal usage.
    02-21-2015 06:32 PM
    The battery State of Charge (SoC) is an approximation. The only way to tell the actual SoC is to disassemble the battery and analyze it chemically, so the phone does the next best ting - measures the voltage at the battery terminals. If the charger is connected, the voltage is a bit higher, so when the battery is 99% charged, the phone will see enough voltage to say 100% SoC. Disconnect the charger and the voltage drops back in a second or two, and you see 99%. Leave the charger connected for half an hour or so after the phone says 100%, and the battery will really be fully charged. (Charging stops when the battery is really fully charged, so you can leave the charger plugged in for hours. I've had phones plugged in for weeks - forgot that one was plugged in until I went looking for it more than once. My 10 year old V551's original batteries had that done to them many times. They're still running strong.)

As far as dropping that fast when downloading, it depends on a few things. If you're using mobile data and the signal is weak, the phone will increase its transmitter power, eating battery fast. (Same thing with a weak wifi signal.)

Go to the battery stats in Settings, take a screen shot of that page, press the graph at the top to get to the next page and take a screen shot of that page. Post both screen shots here, so we can have a better idea of what's going on. (Using App Sucker in GSam Battery Monitor is also a good way to see what's using battery.)
    B. Diddy likes this.
    02-21-2015 06:36 PM