HTC Sync Manager problem! Phone is not connected.

Tony Pereira1

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
I had sync manager installed and it was working fine. Until I upgraded the phone to the latest os. Which was the Lollipop.
Now what happens is
Sync Manager opens, but says phone is disconnected. I see the phone in windows explorer, I can browse through all the files, I can see pictures, music, etc.. No problems.

I have tried uninstalling sync manager, reinstall. Rebooting many times. I have tried running a driver cleanup of all devices and still same thing happens.
USB debugging is enabled. I would like to root the phone and install a custom rom. But the adb utility doesn't see the phone as well. I have tried Hasoon2000 and it doesn't see the phone.

I have an sdcard as well on the phone and I can see that as well through windows exxplorer. I have tried other manager alternatives such as Mobi, phone explorer and they also don't see the phone but they open up as well when I connect my phone but just can't connect to the phone.

I have Windows 7 64
HTC One M8.

Thanks for any help in advance.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Any way you can try it on a different computer? If the same thing happens, it's probably a bug associated with the Lollipop update from HTC.

Scott Funguy

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
FYI - have he same problem and am running Win 7 64 with my HTC One M8

the phone had an OS update within the last week and Sync Manager updated when I tried to run it today

hope this gets fixed quickly

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
a bug in lollipop? seriously? It's incumbent upon HTC to address the issue and not blame the OS

I'm not sure what you mean. Android system updates are released by Google, and then have to be modified by a phone's manufacturer to conform with their products (e.g., to make sure it works correctly with HTC Sense, as well as any other HTC specific apps). The update may also have to be modified by the carrier to accommodate any carrier bloatware, or specific carrier hardware. So yes, it's incumbent on HTC to address the issue, but I'm not blaming the OS. The problem may lie with HTC's modification of Lollipop.

BasSmeetss

Mar 2, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with my HTC One M7, ever since I installed Android 5.0 lollipop, sync manager says my device is not available.

kfrecol

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I have an HTC one M8 and I'm having the same problem using Windows 8.1. In addition, since the update I can no longer open OPM alerts, the program appears as if it's opening and then it never opens. I need to be able to back up my phone so someone needs to get this fixed.

Tony Pereira1

Feb 25, 2015
Visit site
OK this is what I did.
I had reset my phone to factory default. Same result
I had reformatted my computer. Same result
I have tried it on 2 seperate computers. Same result.

There is defintely something wrong with the latest System update and htc sync manager. I backed up everything from the phone via windows explorer. I have had also reset the phone and even the sdcard I have in the phone. Same result.

dastroc

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
I have had the same issue when attempting to sync my HTC ONE with HTC Sync Manager since I upgraded my phone software to 5.0.2, software number 7.18.206.2. My computer (OS WIN 7) recognises the phone and I can manually transfer media files, but after connecting for 30 seconds to my phone through HTC Sync Manager, it tells me that my devise is not availabe [4]. This was not a problem before the upgrade. Can you advise as to whether this will get fixed or what I can do, as I have rebooted, and followed what others on this thread have done.
Andrew

instarx

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Same problem here. I solved it by being VERY patient. Uninstall HTC Sync and reinstall it. Connect the HTC One. Select initial phone setup (or whatever it is called). This takes a long time for the software to do, so be patient. There is no progress bar or any indication that the software is doing anything. After about 10 minutes the phone will connect and be set up.

dastroc

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks. Uninstalled and reinstalled Sync Manager and unfortuantely still get the same error message that the device is not connected, despite my computer transferring photos to Dropbox and iSync working perfectly. I wonder if anyone else was able to resolve this error {4} message, which only started happening after having to download the most recent service pack.

Xeyph

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I solved the problem by installing an .apk that was on the internal storage. The name is "AndroidHtcSync2.apk", apparently it's an update to the one already in the phone.

Antoine3372

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Ok. So after playing around a bit I found out how Xeyph was able to fix this issue. It also worked for me! So here are the steps I took on my HTC One M8:

(ALL OF THESE STEPS WILL BE DONE ON YOUR ANDROID PHONE)

First series of steps: Start menu (the blocks above the home button, home button looks like a house) > Settings > Security > Check Unknown Sources

Second series of steps: Start menu > File Manager > AndroidHtcSync2.apk > install

Once installed, just unplug your phone from your USB cable and plug it back in to restart the connection process with the HTC Sync Manager and it should be all good to go!

Best of luck