11-12-2017 09:20 PM
89 123 ...
tools
    I had sync manager installed and it was working fine. Until I upgraded the phone to the latest os. Which was the Lollipop.
    Now what happens is
    Sync Manager opens, but says phone is disconnected. I see the phone in windows explorer, I can browse through all the files, I can see pictures, music, etc.. No problems.

I have tried uninstalling sync manager, reinstall. Rebooting many times. I have tried running a driver cleanup of all devices and still same thing happens.
    USB debugging is enabled. I would like to root the phone and install a custom rom. But the adb utility doesn't see the phone as well. I have tried Hasoon2000 and it doesn't see the phone.

I have an sdcard as well on the phone and I can see that as well through windows exxplorer. I have tried other manager alternatives such as Mobi, phone explorer and they also don't see the phone but they open up as well when I connect my phone but just can't connect to the phone.

I have Windows 7 64
    HTC One M8.

Thanks for any help in advance.
    02-25-2015 07:50 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! When you uninstalled Sync Manager and reinstalled, did you download the latest version from the website? Download HTC Sync Manager
    02-25-2015 10:46 AM
    Yes I did
    02-26-2015 07:51 AM
    Any way you can try it on a different computer? If the same thing happens, it's probably a bug associated with the Lollipop update from HTC.
    02-26-2015 09:18 AM
    a bug in lollipop? seriously? It's incumbent upon HTC to address the issue and not blame the OS
    02-28-2015 01:44 PM
    FYI - have he same problem and am running Win 7 64 with my HTC One M8

the phone had an OS update within the last week and Sync Manager updated when I tried to run it today

hope this gets fixed quickly
    02-28-2015 01:45 PM
    a bug in lollipop? seriously? It's incumbent upon HTC to address the issue and not blame the OS
    I'm not sure what you mean. Android system updates are released by Google, and then have to be modified by a phone's manufacturer to conform with their products (e.g., to make sure it works correctly with HTC Sense, as well as any other HTC specific apps). The update may also have to be modified by the carrier to accommodate any carrier bloatware, or specific carrier hardware. So yes, it's incumbent on HTC to address the issue, but I'm not blaming the OS. The problem may lie with HTC's modification of Lollipop.
    03-01-2015 12:15 AM
    I have the same problem with my HTC One M7, ever since I installed Android 5.0 lollipop, sync manager says my device is not available.
    03-02-2015 11:20 AM
    I have an HTC one M8 and I'm having the same problem using Windows 8.1. In addition, since the update I can no longer open OPM alerts, the program appears as if it's opening and then it never opens. I need to be able to back up my phone so someone needs to get this fixed.
    03-11-2015 09:37 AM
    OK this is what I did.
    I had reset my phone to factory default. Same result
    I had reformatted my computer. Same result
    I have tried it on 2 seperate computers. Same result.

There is defintely something wrong with the latest System update and htc sync manager. I backed up everything from the phone via windows explorer. I have had also reset the phone and even the sdcard I have in the phone. Same result.
    03-11-2015 10:14 AM
    I have the HTC One M8 and I am having the same issue. Do we have an eta on the issue?
    03-16-2015 05:46 PM
    I have had the same issue when attempting to sync my HTC ONE with HTC Sync Manager since I upgraded my phone software to 5.0.2, software number 7.18.206.2. My computer (OS WIN 7) recognises the phone and I can manually transfer media files, but after connecting for 30 seconds to my phone through HTC Sync Manager, it tells me that my devise is not availabe [4]. This was not a problem before the upgrade. Can you advise as to whether this will get fixed or what I can do, as I have rebooted, and followed what others on this thread have done.
    Andrew
    03-27-2015 02:47 AM
    Same problem here. I solved it by being VERY patient. Uninstall HTC Sync and reinstall it. Connect the HTC One. Select initial phone setup (or whatever it is called). This takes a long time for the software to do, so be patient. There is no progress bar or any indication that the software is doing anything. After about 10 minutes the phone will connect and be set up.
    03-27-2015 10:17 AM
    I am having the same problem as well. I get the phone is not connected along with a [32] or a [34]
    03-28-2015 01:39 AM
    Thanks. Uninstalled and reinstalled Sync Manager and unfortuantely still get the same error message that the device is not connected, despite my computer transferring photos to Dropbox and iSync working perfectly. I wonder if anyone else was able to resolve this error {4} message, which only started happening after having to download the most recent service pack.
    03-28-2015 08:50 AM
    I solved the problem by installing an .apk that was on the internal storage. The name is "AndroidHtcSync2.apk", apparently it's an update to the one already in the phone.
    Helmutrs and Sales Promotions like this.
    04-08-2015 05:35 PM
    Xeyph, I think it would be a bit more helpful if you were specific about where you found that file and how you went about downloading it...
    04-13-2015 05:21 PM
    Ok. So after playing around a bit I found out how Xeyph was able to fix this issue. It also worked for me! So here are the steps I took on my HTC One M8:

(ALL OF THESE STEPS WILL BE DONE ON YOUR ANDROID PHONE)

First series of steps: Start menu (the blocks above the home button, home button looks like a house) > Settings > Security > Check Unknown Sources

Second series of steps: Start menu > File Manager > AndroidHtcSync2.apk > install

Once installed, just unplug your phone from your USB cable and plug it back in to restart the connection process with the HTC Sync Manager and it should be all good to go!

Best of luck
    Helmutrs and Sales Promotions like this.
    04-13-2015 08:09 PM
    Thank you Antoine, that did the trick.
    04-16-2015 09:01 AM
    i dont have that androidhtcsync2.apk can someone share it with me?
    04-26-2015 03:10 PM
    This apk file is present in the internal storage of your phone and needs to be installed.

First go to Start menu > Settings > Security > Check Unknown Sources.

Next go to Start menu > File Manager > AndroidHtcSync2.apk > install.

Connect your phone to HTC Sync Manager, it should be detected now.
    05-09-2015 04:36 AM
    There should be a search bar at the top of the file manager screen. Just type in androidhtcsync2.apk, click search, and click install.
    05-10-2015 12:26 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Windows 7 x64 Professional with the latest HTC Sync (downloaded today from the HTC site). HTC Sync says I don't have a phone connected, tried multiple USB cables on multiple PCs. Won't work on any of them. Windows says it is an unrecognized device.

Now the part that sucks... I do not have AndroidHtcSync2.apk on my phone. I have searched for it, even just searched for "Android" and parsed the list. It's nowhere to be found.

Now what?

~le sigh~
    05-13-2015 11:09 AM
    Please update if you find an answer. This is ridiculous

Posted via the Android Central App
    05-15-2015 10:50 AM
    To All,

I too had the same problem with the HTC-Sync-Manager and had tried everything suggested elsewhere, on the internet, and did not find the HTC websites very helpful on this issue --to my disappointment.

I am happy to provide notice that thanks to "Xeyph"~'s information posted on this forum, about the "AndroidHtcSync2.apk" present in the phone's internal "sd2" storage, finally resulted in success after spending several days of trying to resolve this issue. It work immediately! Now I can move on to accomplishing the other things I needed to do. I am very grateful for your post Xeyph~!!! Thank you!
    05-16-2015 07:20 PM
89 123 ...