I have a black HTC one m7, it's running stock lollipop 5.0.2. It's a great phone but need a little bigger screen I think. Just not sure about the overall size of the m8, also like the moto X 2014 but not sure on the amoled screen vs IPS LCD.

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-01-2015 05:39 PM
    I've had the m7 and own the m8 now and I'd say go for the m8 straight away. It's a awesome phone and has great improvements over the m7. I also think that side by Side with the Moro x the m8 screen is far more superior and with oled there's always that chance of screen burn and I've seen several reviews of the moto x suffering burn within days of use . Also the battery life on the m8 is awesome compared to the m7

kct1975 likes this.
    03-01-2015 05:52 PM
    To add to this I've owned most flagship phones as I sell and swap them all the time and hands on heart the m8 is the fastest of them all. I had the LG g3 wich was running lollipop and that wasn't no slouch but the m8 is just faster all round. I've seen people knock the ultra pixel shooter but if u own the m7 u will know its pretty good and the m8 has more camera improvements too

kct1975 likes this.
    03-01-2015 05:57 PM
    I have a black HTC one m7, it's running stock lollipop 5.0.2. It's a great phone but need a little bigger screen I think. Just not sure about the overall size of the m8, also like the moto X 2014 but not sure on the amoled screen vs IPS LCD.

I would wait a month or two for the M9. It was introduced this morning, It's got a lot a beefier chip, Sense 7, and a 20MP rear camera, which has been the biggest problem with the M8, which I love. People are already loosing their minds over some pictures taken with the M9 saying their not great, but I'm guessing by the time it ships, it will be great.... The specs are just better than the M8, which is really nice.
    03-01-2015 06:56 PM
    I don't think the units that people are reviewing on YouTube and forums are the final software so am guessing the camrea quality will be far better once it hits the shelfs. I totally forgot about the m9 or I would of said the same lol

03-01-2015 07:05 PM
    I don't think the units that people are reviewing on YouTube and forums are the final software so am guessing the camrea quality will be far better once it hits the shelfs. I totally forgot about the m9 or I would of said the same lol

Yeah I got a tweet reminder this morning and watched the introduction live. I think it's made a powerful improvement under the hood. It still looks like an M8, but there are structural improvements there too. It's about a millimeter or two smaller than the M8, still with a 5 inch screen. People are screaming about the same look, and the 20 mp camera and now complaining about not being able to take low light picture and no image stabilization, yet I read in a side by side comparison, it claimed it did. I honestly can't believe what people complain about these days I LOVE my M8 HK Edition, but if my contract was up, I would have an M9 the day it comes out.......
    kct1975 likes this.
    03-01-2015 08:22 PM
    I've had both the M7 and M8, and I would suggest holding off for the M9. It's going to be nearly a year before I'll be eligible for an upgrade, and I think if I had it to do over, I'd have held out for the M9.
    03-01-2015 10:52 PM
    The low light image quality is going to suck on the M9 compared with the M8.

03-02-2015 12:37 PM
    The low light image quality is going to suck on the M9 compared with the M8.

Turn it around and use the front facing camera....
    03-02-2015 02:02 PM
    The M8 is now free at Verizon for a 2 year contract agreement...

R
    kct1975 likes this.
    03-02-2015 04:08 PM