Lollipop 5.0.1 Dialer not working on HTC M8 (regular & HK versions)

MrDroid

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I posted this issue on Sprint Community Forums...
https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/186547
...and followed it up with a call today to Sprint Service to see if it can get resolved. Waiting to hear back from them.
This issue has been mention by others in Google forum (see below). Just Google "Lollipop 5.0.1 Dialer" for many issues.
https://code.google.com/p/android/i... Owner Summary Stars&groupby=&sort=&id=108972

I have an HTC One M8 HK with Sprint, and was recently upgraded to Lollipop (5.0.1). All of my Contact entries that had a Pause ( , ) or Wait ( ; ) are not dialing correctly after the upgrade with the new 5.0.1 update (before that, no problems at all). Anytime I dial an entry in my phone book that involves a Pause or Wait, I get a Sprint system error message saying, "The number or code you have dialed is incorrect, please try again." If I dial the actual phone number directly (by eliminating all of the pauses, waits, and codes involved after it in the phone book entry), it makes a successful call. Also, I noticed for some reason I have 2 versions of Phone app: 6.3.846049 and 6.3.852993 I tried clearing cache and data for the 2 Phone apps and then restarting by pressing and holding the POWER and VOLUME UP buttons for at least 10 seconds. Did not work. I then cleared cache and data for the 2 Phone apps, People app, People Widget, Contacts Storage (I 1st backed up all Google Contacts by downloading a CSV file), Connections Optimizer, and Dialer (tried to clear but it was already cleared since I think it is connected to People or Phone apps). I then restarted phone, but still same problem after restart. I then cleared all cache through Recovery in HBOOT menu.
How-to: HTC One (M8): Clearing the Cache Partition and Rebooting in Safe Mode to Uninstall Apps

Still same problem. Please Help!

Last edited:

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
hmmm.. I'm having the same issue. I just realized now that i tried dialing a number that has pause.....
Did you get any responses from sprint?

MrDroid

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Still no reply from Sprint...I will follow up today and post back. Annoying issue, since I use that feature to auto dial into Verizon business & also home voicemail, etc.

Posted via the Android Central App

MrDroid

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Sorry I have not posted for a while...I did contact Sprint again a few days ago and they were going to look into this. But, the Sprint rep tried to repeat the issue on an M8 he had and he was able to get the dialer to work normally. So, he gave me the standard try a "factory reset" but at that point I didn't want to go through all of that.

After reading about how dramatic the change is from Kitkat to Lollipop, I have decided to do the factory reset after all. I am hopeful that we will get the 5.1 lollipop update soon, which appears to fix many issues with 5.0.1 lollipop on other phones.

Last edited:

MrDroid

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I did a Dalvik (or ART?) cache wipe and a full factory reset and the problem still remains. I'm hopeful that Lollipop 5.1 will eventually resolve this issue.

MrDroid

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
This dialing issue is fixed in latest update (Android 5.0.2) for Sprint HTC One M8 HK (Harman Kardon). (*HTC 4.25.654.14, note M8 HK & regular M8 versions have different update numbers).

*Others have reported it is also fixed in regular M8 update HTC 4.25.651.14.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol