Duo Effect doesn't work

margarit mi

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Just got my phone back for 2 weeks from service and I just realized that duo effects doesn't work . Camera settings are basic ,flash is off , the effect bar is white and I can tap on any of the settings ( like u focuse , 3d , etc ) but after I tap it say's duo effects are unavailable and it sends me to tips and help . I just don't want to send the phone right back to them . It's like I bought this phone for them to do experiments with it . Anyone knows what I can do ?

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
How is the lighting? As if the place you took the photos at has low light level the due effects will not work even if the flash was off.

Due effects also will not work on close-up photos, nor on zoomed photos.

Sent from my HTC One M8

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
My phone occasionally did the same thing. Try rebooting the phone. If that doesn't work, go into your apps, all apps, fond the camera and clear cache and data. Then try again. Worse comes to worse you can factory reset and that will nearly garintee it starts to work again. More than likely your issue is software, not hardware.

margarit mi

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
My phone occasionally did the same thing. Try rebooting the phone. If that doesn't work, go into your apps, all apps, fond the camera and clear cache and data. Then try again. Worse comes to worse you can factory reset and that will nearly garintee it starts to work again. More than likely your issue is software, not hardware.

Tried all today ... still not working

anon(596177)

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Tried all today ... still not working

Even the factory reset? You wiped everything from your phone and your camera isnt working?

If thats the case I would take it to your carrier and see if they can get you a replacement. This would be the first duo camera I have heard of completely failing

Mottey

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site
Exactly the same problem here. Got a replacement for unrelated reasons. But ever since I got this replacement (read: refurb), the duo camera hasn't worked a single time. I've read that more people with replacements have the same problem

panhandler

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
Try updating your gallery app. I had the same problem once and updating fixed it. I got the update on the Play Store.

Posted via the Android Central App

kbooke4

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
I'm a million years late here, I signed up just to post this information for anyone that is still having duo camera troubles. Seems that for me it started AFTER updating the Gallery and Zoe apps. I corrected the issue by uninstalling all updates for these two apps via the play store. I hope this helps.