Hi,

I am left handed, so hold the phone in my right hand. My phone is on silent most of the time.

Almost every time I pick it up it vibrates annoyingly.....because my thumb presses the volume rocker and the phone changes from silent profile to vibrate profile. Can this be disabled?

This (along with the stock email app unable to archive gmail) is a deal-breaker for me.

I'm sending it back unless I can solve these issues.

Thanks
    03-05-2015 08:37 AM
    I'd guess that you would need to root the phone and use something like Xposed Framework to modify that. I know that the M8 has buttons that are relatively easy to press by accident. Do you use a case? That can help to reduce the chance of accidental button presses.
    03-05-2015 11:30 AM
    I am left handed, I hold my M8 with my right hand, and I don't have that problem, so I guess that it is just that you have a heavy grip on your M8

If that is that case, then sadly the M8 is not for you, as it has a very fast responsive volume rocker.

There is a solution however, that is if you want to continue using the M8, like B. Diddy said, which is using a case, but not any case will do, you need a case that covers the volume rocker.

Using an armor protective case for example (iFace Armor Case) will sure solve your problem, personally I don't like those armor case, no matter how cool they might look or how much protection they provide, as the end they are heavy, and makes it uncomfortable using the smartphone.

Sent from my HTC One M8
    B. Diddy likes this.
    03-05-2015 07:31 PM
    You might still be able to get by with a case that doesn't cover the buttons. If the cutout for the buttons is deep enough, it tends to prevent you from easily grabbing the phone by the buttons and therefore pressing them by accident.
    Deathunter-M8 likes this.
    03-06-2015 12:28 AM