Thought I'd start a thread to try and consolidate all the issues with the update after finding my first one.

If you try to rename your bluetooth devices, it will stick for a short time then revert back to the default. I suspect this has to do with the new smart lock feature that can keep your phone unlocked while it's connected to a Bluetooth device. Even if you rename one and set up the smart lock, it pulls the default name and cannot be changed.

Hopefully Verizon monitors some forums out there so they see this thread... What else have you found?
    03-09-2015 11:03 AM
    Haven't really had any major issues but I noticed when I use power saving mode, and It will turn off my mobile data I have to manually turn it on

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-10-2015 07:15 PM
    if you use a pattern lock, you now have to swipe a blank screen before you can see the pattern, then unlock as normal.
    03-10-2015 11:58 PM
    Has Verizon gone into hibernation for adding further phones for ota of Lollipop? Seems like they started then everything Droid related ground to a halt. I have a Droid Maxx, and it seems like the big V did ota for a couple of high dollar phones, then turned their attention elsewhere.
    03-11-2015 09:06 AM
    Has Verizon gone into hibernation for adding further phones for ota of Lollipop? Seems like they started then everything Droid related ground to a halt. I have a Droid Maxx, and it seems like the big V did ota for a couple of high dollar phones, then turned their attention elsewhere.
    This is completely normal for Verizon.

I remember that with the 4.4.4 update, some carriers had the OTA out in August. VZW didn't release it til October or something.

Typically, at least for the M8, this is how the carrier OTAs go:

1st: GPE edition updated by Google
    2nd: T-Mobile releases the OTA
    3rd: AT&T releases the OTA but removes it after a day because it broke a lot of phones
    4th: after a month or two or three, VZW releases the OTA, crammed full of VZW bloat.
    5th: after another couple of months, AT&T either releases the delayed OTA (which still may have problems) or they release the next version of Android and skip the previous version entirely (did they ever actually release 4.4.4 a second time before the Lollipop upgrade?).

Somewhere along the way, Sprint's devices are updated, but since Sprint is down to about 5 customers nationwide, no one particularly notices
    03-11-2015 11:41 AM
    If I try to mark all messages as read in the stock messenger app, I get a pop-up "Unfortunately, the process com.htc.sense.mms has stopped". That's the only bug I've noticed so far, and it's consistent.
    03-11-2015 01:04 PM
    I also have a droid maxx. I'm eager to find out what will happen. I heard about a 1st gen Moto X soak test today so I'm wondering maybe soon we'll see it

Posted via the Android Central App
    03-14-2015 08:44 PM
    My Verizon m8
    Gets hot quick now and stays hot,
    Very inconvenient especially summer right around the corner living in Los Angeles
    03-14-2015 11:24 PM
    Gets laggy while switching apps sometimes. Also, battery seems worse, but probably not by much.

Suggestion I have would be when a new notification appears on the top, I would like to be able to swipe it up to get rid of the pop up but leave it in the notification bar. Currently, swiping it up dismisses the notification.
    03-15-2015 12:52 AM