HTC service pack

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all I've just updated An app in the play store called HTC service pack but what exactly is it and what dose it do as I haven't seen 1 change what's so ever?

Posted via the Android Central App

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
As far as I know, it probably adjust smaller issues with any htc related software without forcing a full carrier update. Smaller faster way to do fixes in the end really.

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
So it's basically like a little big fix for the software but instead of doing it through ota they do it through the play store to make it more convenient?

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Your not alone. It bugs a lot of people when something updates and there is no change log or they update several times with out updating the description of what changed.
Also i wait a day or two with my M8 on the HTC Service packs. If you read some of the comments you will see a while back that one of the updates had issues and lots of complaining happened.
But so far on my M8 i have h ad no issues after the updates.

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Yea I saw the comments wich was negative but like u I have no issues to report but making a app like that over the play store to sort things out like bugs ect is a brilliant idea wich other oems should do. I love my m8 and although the m9 is ready for the shelves shortly Im in no rush for the upgrade, it's by far the fastest phone I've owned and that's coming from a LG g3 and a note 4

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Ill probably get an M9 a month or two after they hit the stores.
For me the big incentive is 700mhz band 12 that TMO is turning on around where i live and work. (Dallas, TX)
The only other device i may try is the Nexus 6. From here on out all my future devices have to have front facing stereo speakers.
I updated my Note 3 to lollipop yesterday and played with it a bit. The first few minutes i played a game i swore my left ear was plugged up. The it dawned on me, DUH Note 3 has one speaker on the bottom and now im playing a game so its on my right. :) So the good news is im not going deaf and it re-affirms i like the front facing speakers.

Carlos Thwaites

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Lol yea the front facing speakers are a awesome feature that most phones should adopt and my friend has the nexus 6 and the front speakers on that are pretty good as well. I sold my g3 to get this m8 and I thought to myself after a week or so I may regret that but I honestly don't and yea maybe the m9 has improved speakers and a better Soc ect but for now I don't think the improvements are enough over the m8 & m9 for me to upgrade just yet but maybe a month or so will change my opinion

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34