MMS not working!!! (message not found/donwload failure) AT&T

FajitaEata

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I made this account to hopefully get some help fixing this messaging problem that has been plaguing me since I got the M8 a few months ago (AT&T). The problem is that almost all of my incoming mms messages show up in a "message not found" notification. I have used the stock app, hangouts, and Textra and all of them give me the "message not found" notification.

Since I just switched from iphone, I was pretty sure that this was just an issue with people sending me imessages; however, I deactivated my number from imessage and even my friends with Androids can hardly send me mms. There's almost no pattern to what messages come in or not, and the problem is not specific to certain contacts. Also my APN settings are correct. I have tried everything short of completely erasing my phone, but I really don't want to have to do that. A small part of me feels like this is Apple's sinister way of getting me to switch back, but honestly it's working because for many reasons I NEED my group messaging to work. Has anyone experienced this and have any luck fixing it? I am on 4.4.4 if that helps identify the problem.

FajitaEata

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
Shortly after posting this I found there is a thread on the exact same issue on the front page, so I apologize for cluttering the forum! Answers still appreciated though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol