Why the bad battery life on my one m8?

Squigga

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
I feel like it drains too fast. This is Without battery saver and I only used snap chat a bit. Anyone think this is bad for about 14 hours? I wouldn't say I used it heavily but I got this. Anyone know what I could do to expand battery life without having to turn on power saving mode?

Attachments

• 1427858733308.jpg
    1427858733308.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 59

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
What do your battery usage stats reveal as the main users of charge?...what is hinted at as 82% in your GSam screenshot. What do you see if you open that, or if you check in the stock battery usage stars?

Posted via the Android Central App

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It goes back from good to bad. It's mainly in two classrooms (school). Where it gets no signal for an hour and 30 minutes. But once I'm out those class rooms it got back to full bars

I would either put the phone in Airplane mode during that class, or turn the phone off. That 90 minutes of little to no signal is definitely not helping.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Post the app usage so we can get a better feel for what's going on. 2+ hours of screen-on time using 14% of the battery consumed is pretty disconcerting. That's a LOT of power use by your apps. If you're streaming videos or something similar, that will undoubtedly be the problem source. If it's something unexpected, like the Android OS using the power, try wiping the cache and dalvik cache partitions via recovery.

Squigga

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Btw I've been using lots of apps right now cause I'm customizing it. So I'm not sure if I screen shot it now will make an accurate representation

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Try lowering your brightness and turn down the sync times also get an app like clean master to clean your system cache and free up ram - be careful though with the advanced feature on clean master as you might delete photos/videos that you want to keep...

Sent from my Nexus 7

Squigga

Apr 1, 2015
Visit site
Try lowering your brightness and turn down the sync times also get an app like clean master to clean your system cache and free up ram - be careful though with the advanced feature on clean master as you might delete photos/videos that you want to keep...

Sent from my Nexus 7

What are sync times? This is it now

Attachments

• 1427918177219.jpg
    1427918177219.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 34

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
What are sync times? This is it now
Sync times are the times in which your phone checks for new emails and other stuff like that , go into settings and where it says accounts click on google and change the sync to only sync every 2 hours or something or disable the sync and check manually for emails....

Sent from my Nexus 7

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
...also get an app like clean master to clean your system cache and free up ram
This is actually counterproductive. Android is designed to use as much ram as possible, including dormant apps. By using a ram cleaner app, the system will just initialize those apps again in the background, eating up processing power. In the end, a ram cleaning app can increase battery drain.

xceeder

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
This is actually counterproductive. Android is designed to use as much ram as possible, including dormant apps. By using a ram cleaner app, the system will just initialize those apps again in the background, eating up processing power. In the end, a ram cleaning app can increase battery drain.
True but clean master also gets rid of residual files and the gallery cache , I know what your saying though...

Sent from my Nexus 7

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci