Has anyone been able to compare the speakers of the M9 vs the Nexus 6? I am mainly concerned about speaker phone. Not only which phone is louder on speaker phone during a phone call but which phone is clearer and easier to understand. If anyone has any media, music and you tube comparison on the speakers I am also interested in those comparisons too.
    04-01-2015 07:49 PM
    Has anyone been able to compare the speakers of the M9 vs the Nexus 6? I am mainly concerned about speaker phone. Not only which phone is louder on speaker phone during a phone call but which phone is clearer and easier to understand. If anyone has any media, music and you tube comparison on the speakers I am also interested in those comparisons too.
    I'd be interested in this too. The Nexus 6 was the only other phone I considered.

From my fingers to you on the M8, M9 or the Chromebook!
    04-01-2015 07:54 PM
    It's not a Nexus but it's a comparison with the only other front speaker phone the Z3.

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2015...tc-one-m9.html

By the way, the reviewer actually liked the phone and the camera.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-01-2015 08:50 PM
    I own both the M8 and Nexus 6. The reviews indicate that M8 and M9 have similar sound so I think it is fair to compare M8 to Nexus 6.

The Nexus 6 is much louder than the M8 playing music, podcasts, video etc. It's tough to quantify sound but I would say it is easily 20% louder than the M8. I never compared the two for a standard phone call or speakerphone.

The M8 seems to have a higher quality sound processor so the M8 is more refined, detailed, cleaner, better image, etc. But for pure power immersive experienced when watching something like a movie, I find myself always preferring the Nexus 6 due to the higher volume. The M8 is a more subtle precise experience. The Nexus 6 is more brute strength.

Audio and video sources vary greatly, so sometimes a loud source makes the M8 sound super loud, but when the the weak sources are played, the Nexus 6 has a good bit extra power to play a very weak source at a decent level while the M8 doesn't do well with weak source material.

I'm hope I'm not over analyzing, these are very tiny speakers after all, but I know this subject very well as I have done several comparisons.
    isdaako and neo905 like this.
    04-02-2015 01:07 AM
    I own both the M8 and Nexus 6. The reviews indicate that M8 and M9 have similar sound so I think it is fair to compare M8 to Nexus 6.

The Nexus 6 is much louder than the M8 playing music, podcasts, video etc. It's tough to quantify sound but I would say it is easily 20% louder than the M8. I never compared the two for a standard phone call or speakerphone.

The M8 seems to have a higher quality sound processor so the M8 is more refined, detailed, cleaner, better image, etc. But for pure power immersive experienced when watching something like a movie, I find myself always preferring the Nexus 6 due to the higher volume. The M8 is a more subtle precise experience. The Nexus 6 is more brute strength.

Audio and video sources vary greatly, so sometimes a loud source makes the M8 sound super loud, but when the the weak sources are played, the Nexus 6 has a good bit extra power to play a very weak source at a decent level while the M8 doesn't do well with weak source material.

I'm hope I'm not over analyzing, these are very tiny speakers after all, but I know this subject very well as I have done several comparisons.
    You got me considering the N6 now. Sounds silly but not having a IR blaster could be a deal breaker. I am actually glad it isn't 64bit actually.
    04-02-2015 06:43 AM
    If you do ever get around to comparing the N6 and the M8 in terms of call quality and speakerphone quality, please post something here. I'd really like to read what you find out. Since HTC just won't give me the 5.5 screen I want, I'm giving serious serious thought to the Nexus 6. The stellar call clarity and reception of my M8 (along with the Boomsounds to a lesser extent) are definitely keeping me attached to HTC. But if the N6 is even close to comparable (and if Google/T-Mobile ever iron out the wifi calling feature), I'd be a lot happier about making the switch.
    neo905 likes this.
    04-02-2015 12:28 PM
    If you do ever get around to comparing the N6 and the M8 in terms of call quality and speakerphone quality, please post something here. I'd really like to read what you find out. Since HTC just won't give me the 5.5 screen I want, I'm giving serious serious thought to the Nexus 6. The stellar call clarity and reception of my M8 (along with the Boomsounds to a lesser extent) are definitely keeping me attached to HTC. But if the N6 is even close to comparable (and if Google/T-Mobile ever iron out the wifi calling feature), I'd be a lot happier about making the switch.
    I know that among the benefits of 5.1 is LTE reception and quality. Battery life and speed improved as well.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-02-2015 01:16 PM
    I know double posting is frowned upon. Is there any way I can switch this to Nexus 6 vs M8 speaker quality since there maybe more comparisons?
    04-02-2015 05:07 PM