Start up tone

rm05

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Just a quick tip for anyone else as annoyed by the loud tune on boot up which was waking everyone in the house at 6am... Never read this but I have found it can be defeated if the phone is in a sleeve. Just pull out the top of the phone to switch on then slide back in the sleeve, it must be the sensors. No annoying tune again! :)

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
I turn mine off every night, always have. I try and make sure the ring tone volume is way down and then the boot up sound is low, never tried a sleeve, sounds promising. Thanks.

rm05

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Hmm, a strange one this as when I turned it on just now using the same method I got the startup tone. So maybe not a proper fix. Shame it has to be there at all since it's just an annoyance.

dmoss7

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I've never had a start up tone...at least not that I can remember. Could it be carrier specific? It was something I was pleasantly suprised about because I came from motorola phones that always had those loud and annoying boot sounds/animations.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I use an app called Android Assistant. One of the features is a silent startup mode. It silences your phone during shut down so there's no startup sound, then brings the volume back after it's booted up again.

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Startup tone? You mean like the T-Mobile jingle? That's the only sound I get when I restart or reboot.

And do you really need an app for that? Can't you just turn the ringtone volume down before you shut the phone off?

rm05

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
It's a three-note kind of 'da da daaaaa' tune.. I hate it! It comes on after my operator logo so I assumed it to be HTC's tone? It always annoyed me, coming from an iPhone since there isn't one on those and, as has been mentioned, this phone requires the volume turning right down before every switch-off then back up again after boot, which is not a good bit of design at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon