Hi all,

I recently purchased and unlocked a Sprint HTC One M8 from a friend, but am having all kinds of trouble getting it to work with Cricket Wireless. I have an activated SIM and my account is active but I keep on getting an "Invalid SIM Card" error whenever I enter the Cricket SIM. I have talked to Sprint, Cricket and HTC and have even tried a new Cricket SIM and nothing has worked so far. I also attempted to install a Cricket ROM from HTC but the phone rejected the installation. HTC confirmed that the phone is unlocked, and since it doesn't seem to be a SIM card error, I'm not sure where to go from here. I am completely new to Android so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
    04-03-2015 08:26 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

I would talk to Sprint again, to make sure the device is released from them to take to Cricket. I would also double check to make sure that Sprint's One can be used on Cricket's network.
    Welcome to Android Central.

I would talk to Sprint again, to make sure the device is released from them to take to Cricket. I would also double check to make sure that Sprint's One can be used on Cricket's network.
    04-03-2015 10:38 PM
    Thank you for the quick response!

I will try to contact Sprint again. Last I checked with them they said I should be good to go with the MSL code they gave me but it doesn't hurt to ask them if they see it as unlocked. As for the Cricket SIM I know that M8's can be used with their network, but I don't know if there is a difference with Sprint's, but I can look into it. Is there some way I can essentially install a new ROM/OS that I could make it work with Cricket?
    04-03-2015 10:57 PM
    Welcome again to Android Central. I will admit, I have never taken a device from one carrier to another. I am honestly guessing where the problem may be.

As for the ROM...maybe try downloading it again. There may have been an error the first time.

From an AOSP M8
    04-03-2015 11:51 PM
    So I did talk to Sprint again and this time they informed me that Sprint's HTC One M8 can not be unlocked for Domestic use... Major bummer. Unless there are any suggestions I may just have to attempt a trade in. Thank you for the help!
    04-04-2015 02:35 PM
    So I did talk to Sprint again and this time they informed me that Sprint's HTC One M8 can not be unlocked for Domestic use... Major bummer. Unless there are any suggestions I may just have to attempt a trade in. Thank you for the help!
    Sorry about the delay. Not sure what to suggest...the trade in might be a good idea, or try selling it on eBay, and put the cash toward a new phone of your choice.

From an AOSP M8
    04-05-2015 12:03 AM
    Its not working because Cricket is a subsidiary of ATT which is based on a GSM technology and a GSM ROM. Your Sprint M8 is based on CDMA technology and a CDMA ROM. Completely different radios in the unit. Your very lucky you didnt brick the unit trying to put a Cricket ROM in it.
    04-06-2015 02:07 PM