at&t M8 Lollipop OTA Update today?

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
Here is a tweet that another member referenced. Phil, any confirmation on this?

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 10777.jpg
    10777.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 60

richard_rsp

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
From the rest of Mo Versi's tweets, it appears Lollipop for AT&T M8 is scheduled for approval today (4/6) and will be available for OTA tomorrow. So hopefully you M8 users will have a sweet treat waiting in updates tomorrow morning!

Posted via my HTC Desire Eye

Last edited:

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it's either scheduled for approval today with OTA tomorrow or It'll roll out today, he wasn't really 100% clear but its a little hard to do that on twitter. I'm more inclined to say a roll out tomorrow.

The M7 OTA didn't start until pretty late in the day, if I remember correctly. I'd expect AT&T to be just as inept in this case.

Binxiboobear

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
No update yet, even after changing the time to April 30. AT&T said there was no update showing for Lollipop for the HTC one m8. My M7 has it already. Hopefully when it does update it's without many issues.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
No update yet, even after changing the time to April 30. AT&T said there was no update showing for Lollipop for the HTC one m8. My M7 has it already. Hopefully when it does update it's without many issues.

The update is not affected by your phone's time and date but rather by the server time and date. If customer service says there's no update, there's probably no update today. AT&T has to get faster with their updates. Maybe less bloat and more emphasis on making sure it works properly?

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site

Until the server begins to push the update, checking for it does nothing really. Customer service usually has no idea there is an update until the moment it starts or even after.

Honestly, watching for a tweet from HTC's Mo Versi is probably the best thing. He usually announces when update starts or they've gotten approval. AT&T may put up a notice on their blog, but I wouldn't count on much communication from them period.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Something tells me we aren't getting it tomorrow judging by AT&T and HTC's silence.

I'm getting a new phone on Wednesday so it looks like I won't see lollipop on the M8. Pretty sure this next phone is also going to be my last AT&T phone with the way things have been going with them.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I highly doubt they care about the updates. It's time, manpower and wages for an update to a phone people already have. What are you going to do? Just walk away and get a new phone somewhere else? That isn't remotely cheap or practical.

Software update don't make carriers money, new subscribers do. Until the OEM's put their feet down and demand more timely updates it's only going to get worse. Either Google needs to take better control of the update process and pressure the carriers or someone like Samsung needs to say 'Get it together, get the updates out, our you won't see another Galaxy phone on your network for years.'

I don't see either happening anytime soon.

dyphx

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
As much as I love Android, you have to admit Apple does updates way better. Android is an endless update cycle, you are always behind. No sooner than you get your update (assuming you do) Google releases another one.

MatthewGavin

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
As much as I love Android, you have to admit Apple does updates way better. Android is an endless update cycle, you are always behind. No sooner than you get your update (assuming you do) Google releases another one.

Apple owns all of the power over the carriers. If a carrier did not follow Apple's rules, they would threaten to leave the carrier, which could cripple the carrier.

I hope we are getting 5.0.1 at least.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Apple owns all of the power over the carriers. If a carrier did not follow Apple's rules, they would threaten to leave the carrier, which could cripple the carrier.

I hope we are getting 5.0.1 at least.

Google also has the unfortunate issue of Google makes the code, then it has to go to the OEM's to tinker for a few months and then it has to go to the carrier. Apple just makes all in house and send it out.

booch221

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I checked for an AT&T update on my phone and it said to check back in 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Usually it tells me to check back in 24 hours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol