AT&T M8 Software update Downloading NOW!!!

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Downloading the update right now! Looks like lollipop is for sure rolling out today.

Size is 549.7MB in case anyone was wondering.

EDIT: Not sure if its AT&T's network or an HTC deal, but downloading is going pretty slow so far for everyone reporting they're getting it downloaded.

Last edited:

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I don't believe so. I was looking through Mo Versi's tweets yesterday and someone asked the same. He said Sense 7 would be in a later update.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Mine is downloading now as well. Got it right on the first time I hit check for updates. Download is realllly slow.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Hanging on the HTC one boot up screen... Will give it a few more minutes to boot.... Oops finally got to the upgrading screen... Lots of apps to optimize... 286 on mine..

Posted via the Android Central App

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I've always seen where it will hang long on the HTC boot screen after an update, so for anyone that gets that don't be to worried. I've had it sit there close to 10 minutes before,

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I've always seen where it will hang long on the HTC boot screen after an update, so for anyone that gets that don't be to worried. I've had it sit there close to 10 minutes before,

Yup.. 15 minutes on this go around. This is the slowest update I've seen so far.. Finish booting updating lots of things.. This is a big update

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
5.0.2 is a nice surprise. Still being Sense 6 isn't a surprise since the M9 just came out and Sense 7 is one of it's biggest selling points.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Hanging on the HTC one boot up screen... Will give it a few more minutes to boot.... Oops finally got to the upgrading screen... Lots of apps to optimize... 286 on mine..

Man i thought you had a lot, i was like "oh i'll have half that"... apparently i have 287.... how is that even possible?

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
5.0.2 is a nice surprise. Still being Sense 6 isn't a surprise since the M9 just came out and Sense 7 is one of it's biggest selling points.

Yup... There are a lot of changes to this... Still looking at everything

kygator13

Feb 27, 2010
Visit site
I won't be able to update until about 8pm tonight. How does battery and performance seem to be once some folks are running 5.0.2 for a few hours?

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I won't be able to update until about 8pm tonight. How does battery and performance seem to be once some folks are running 5.0.2 for a few hours?

I think it's only be hitting phones for about the past hour, maybe hour and a half. Mine's taken over an hour just to downld and complete the update. There are a good chunk of changes, but so far the phone is flying. Like insanely fast. Battery life I'll have a better indication of in about 4 or 5 hours. I was always out of juice before 3PM with the 4.4.4 keep awake bug, so we'll see if this fixed it.

arturo corona

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
I don't get lollipop update yet...what I get 2 days ago was the sense 7 how to get it?....just go to play store and update HTC sense and you're good to go.

cwise222

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
As a side note, you'll want to make sure that you have a good battery charge before the update. Tore though nearly 30% of the battery during the update.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Something i noticed with the update is that on the lock screen you no longer have the option of unlocking the phone 3 different directions. Its swipe up only.

Now if you're using the motion gestures with the screen off to unlock that still seems to work for all 3 directions.

EDIT: Also unless i'm blind, there's no more option to close all open apps in the multi-tasking. However you can go into the settings on that screen and switch back to the grid view.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cy3berOdyssey