Save big + get 3 months free! Sign up for ExpressVPN today

Anyone else getting this update? I've downloaded it but haven't installed

I can't seem to find news of this update anywhere

Sent from my mobile
    04-08-2015 05:34 AM
    This is my current software version

Sent from my mobile
    04-08-2015 05:51 AM
    I just updated my M8 & this is what it's running now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Sprint M8 software update 4.25.651.14-36677.jpg  
    04-08-2015 07:03 AM
    I went ahead and installed it as well. I see we got the bump to Android Version 5.02

Long update process, my phone restarted 5-7 times with the updating or optimizing apps message

Sent from my mobile
    04-08-2015 07:31 AM
    Oh so other carriers (beside AT&T) are getting the bump to 5.0.2 too? Cool! I figured we'd sit on 5.0.1 until Sense 7.

04-08-2015 09:51 AM
    I'm sad... HTC's Do not disturb mode is gone and has been replaced by Android's priority notification settings...
    I guess i need to get used to these now....
    04-08-2015 10:10 AM
    Didn't notice that. Bummer. I used the DND mode every day. Guess I'll have to figure out how to use the new system.

04-08-2015 11:05 AM
    Has the 5.0.2 come to the unlocked version yet
    04-08-2015 12:21 PM
    Android Priority Mode: With the screen on push volume up or down. You can then select the Priority option or None or All.

I actually like this a lot better than the HTC DND mode. Nice upgrade. Looking forward to Sense 7.0. Thanks Mo and Martin for the rapid updates.
    04-08-2015 10:27 PM
    Just got the update. Hope it improves battery life.
    04-09-2015 11:42 AM
    I got the upgrade. Battery life looks to be in the toilet with it. Hope it improves over the next day or so.
    04-09-2015 03:42 PM
    My battery life actually improved. I listen to my BT speaker today at work for 8hrs straight (with the occasional text and call) and was only down to about 67%. The next 4hrs were filled with text, calls, couple games and a bit of web browsing. I got home with 30 some odd % which never has happened since I had the M8. I generally have to charge at work with this routine.

Sent from my mobile
    BigDinCA likes this.
    04-09-2015 06:31 PM
    Just got the update. Hope it improves battery life.
    04-09-2015 11:27 PM
    nice post, thanks
    04-09-2015 11:33 PM
    This update brought my phone back to life. The lag is gone.

04-16-2015 09:52 PM
    I just got this update on mine tonight. Since the previous update, I've been having a terrible time with the Messaging app. It lags terribly while typing. You type a little, and it does nothing, then bursts the characters onto the screen. A bit of a pain, but usable. Never did that before that update. Now, with this latest update, it still lags and as a new bonus, it crashes the app. C'mon guys, don't you test this stuff?

-WeirdHerald
    04-16-2015 11:08 PM

-WeirdHerald
    You know you don't have to sign off, right? Your name is already at the top. In bigger letters.

04-17-2015 11:09 AM
    Android Priority Mode: With the screen on push volume up or down. You can then select the Priority option or None or All.

I actually like this a lot better than the HTC DND mode. Nice upgrade. Looking forward to Sense 7.0. Thanks Mo and Martin for the rapid updates.
    You don't seem to be able to specify certain people that are Priority. You have to pick Favorites. I want to be able pick specific people like on HTC DnD. Just because they're in my favorites group does not mean I want their calls to come through while in priority mode. I hope they update it.

I noticed that priority mode on the Nexus devices does allow you to pick specific people.

04-17-2015 05:04 PM
    I noticed that "ok Google" does not work from any screen even though I have the setting on. Anyone else having that issue? Maybe I need to reboot.

04-17-2015 05:10 PM
    I noticed that "ok Google" does not work from any screen even though I have the setting on. Anyone else having that issue? Maybe I need to reboot.

Ok Google is working for me from any screen as long as the phone is on. It isn't working with the phone off. Any ideas to get it working again with the phone turned off?

Edit: oh yeah, it's working with the phone off I forgot it needs to be on the charger to work
    04-18-2015 09:20 AM
    Right now, I fairly ticked off at Sprint. Installing the update, completely borked my phone, and caused it to be 'soft bricked'

The software update downloaded and installed, but during the reboot, the phone COMPLETELY froze on the HTC One splash screen.

Luckily, a coworker of mine was able to finally get into Recovery, and force a complete Factory Reset.

I have now been spending a lot of time over the past two weeks trying to reinstall everything that was lost.

My coworker friend and I have been wondering what caused the phone to become 'Soft Bricked', and we both think that the cause was the crappie Sprint Connections Optimizer having been frozen. It appears that the software update checked for the presence of the Sprint Connections Optimizer, and when it didn't find it, the software update locked up the phone.

So the point of this post, other than to rant, is that everyone should be very careful to make sure that all of the stock apps that came with your phone are updated and running before you take the OTA update.
    04-19-2015 12:41 PM
    You don't seem to be able to specify certain people that are Priority. You have to pick Favorites. I want to be able pick specific people like on HTC DnD. Just because they're in my favorites group does not mean I want their calls to come through while in priority mode. I hope they update it.

I noticed that priority mode on the Nexus devices does allow you to pick specific people.

You can create a new group and name it what you like. You can even create a new group with just 1 person in it and name that group that individuals name 😉

Sent from my mobile
    04-29-2015 10:34 PM
    I just got this update on mine tonight. Since the previous update, I've been having a terrible time with the Messaging app. It lags terribly while typing. You type a little, and it does nothing, then bursts the characters onto the screen. A bit of a pain, but usable. Never did that before that update. Now, with this latest update, it still lags and as a new bonus, it crashes the app. C'mon guys, don't you test this stuff?

-WeirdHerald
    The HTC messaging app was updated today to address this exact problem 😉

Sent from my mobile
    kct1975 likes this.
    04-29-2015 10:36 PM