I can't seem to find news of this update anywhere

Screenshot_2015-04-08-05-01-40.png

Screenshot_2015-04-08-05-03-40.png

Sent from my mobile

Last edited:

franko515

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and installed it as well. I see we got the bump to Android Version 5.02

Long update process, my phone restarted 5-7 times with the updating or optimizing apps message

Screenshot_2015-04-08-07-19-47.png

Screenshot_2015-04-08-07-27-57.png

Sent from my mobile

Last edited:

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Oh so other carriers (beside AT&T) are getting the bump to 5.0.2 too? Cool! I figured we'd sit on 5.0.1 until Sense 7.

Posted via the Android Central App

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I'm sad... HTC's Do not disturb mode is gone and has been replaced by Android's priority notification settings...
I guess i need to get used to these now....

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Didn't notice that. Bummer. I used the DND mode every day. Guess I'll have to figure out how to use the new system.

jwbekens

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Android Priority Mode: With the screen on push volume up or down. You can then select the Priority option or None or All.

I actually like this a lot better than the HTC DND mode. Nice upgrade. Looking forward to Sense 7.0. Thanks Mo and Martin for the rapid updates.

franko515

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
My battery life actually improved. I listen to my BT speaker today at work for 8hrs straight (with the occasional text and call) and was only down to about 67%. The next 4hrs were filled with text, calls, couple games and a bit of web browsing. I got home with 30 some odd % which never has happened since I had the M8. I generally have to charge at work with this routine.

Sent from my mobile

weirdherald

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
I just got this update on mine tonight. Since the previous update, I've been having a terrible time with the Messaging app. It lags terribly while typing. You type a little, and it does nothing, then bursts the characters onto the screen. A bit of a pain, but usable. Never did that before that update. Now, with this latest update, it still lags and as a new bonus, it crashes the app. C'mon guys, don't you test this stuff?

-WeirdHerald

Mobilestash

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Android Priority Mode: With the screen on push volume up or down. You can then select the Priority option or None or All.

I actually like this a lot better than the HTC DND mode. Nice upgrade. Looking forward to Sense 7.0. Thanks Mo and Martin for the rapid updates.

You don't seem to be able to specify certain people that are Priority. You have to pick Favorites. I want to be able pick specific people like on HTC DnD. Just because they're in my favorites group does not mean I want their calls to come through while in priority mode. I hope they update it.

I noticed that priority mode on the Nexus devices does allow you to pick specific people.

Last edited:

Mobilestash

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I noticed that "ok Google" does not work from any screen even though I have the setting on. Anyone else having that issue? Maybe I need to reboot.

elshagon

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that "ok Google" does not work from any screen even though I have the setting on. Anyone else having that issue? Maybe I need to reboot.

Ok Google is working for me from any screen as long as the phone is on. It isn't working with the phone off. Any ideas to get it working again with the phone turned off?

Edit: oh yeah, it's working with the phone off I forgot it needs to be on the charger to work

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma