Home and Lock screens don't rotate

Peacen1k

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
'Auto-rotate screen' is enabled on my Sprint M8; however neither the lock screen nor the home screen rotate.

Is this a feature or am I missing some setting?

Thanks.

Smply_Rckless

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
I've use to own the M8. Those two screen weren't meant to rotate. Not all apps allow auto rotate

Tapatalk'n On The IPhone 6 Plus 

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think I've seen a home or lock screen rotate on any Android phone I've owned, including the M8. Some other phones may be able to, and I think I've seen a launcher that can rotate the individual home screen icons but not the entire screen.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, they're not supposed to rotate. Only apps like Chrome, Facebook and others that are designed to rotate will be able to rotate.

Mystikal777

Nov 17, 2014
Visit site
You can certainly do this if you are prepared to change your Launcher. I have the Nova Launcher and under their Look and Feel section, sub section Screen Orientation, you can enable it so that even the home screen can be landscape when you want it to be.

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site
You can certainly do this if you are prepared to change your Launcher. I have the Nova Launcher and under their Look and Feel section, sub section Screen Orientation, you can enable it so that even the home screen can be landscape when you want it to be.

True, but the lock screen still won't rotate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca