I've been using this for months then last night when it was supposed to be in silent mode i get woken up by a notification. Looking at it i realize that its no longer and option and i can't find it in settings anywhere.

Is this due to lollipop? or why did they take my precious DND away?
    04-09-2015 07:10 AM
    Do Not Disturb was replaced with Interruptions. You need to set which ones are priority and what times they start/finish.
    04-09-2015 07:17 AM
    Do Not Disturb was replaced with Interruptions. You need to set which ones are priority and what times they start/finish.
    Ahhh that's really interesting. Thanks so much!
    04-09-2015 08:04 AM
    Ahhh that's really interesting. Thanks so much!
    No problem
    04-09-2015 08:34 AM
    It is located in setting sound&notifications>interruptions .Has 3 options event&reminders,calIs messages. Could not find how to add a another schedule.
    04-09-2015 08:53 AM
    I still have the Do Not Disturb on my M8 ( Lollipop 5.0.1 ) and I don't see any Interruptions settings. Do you guys have ( 5.0.2 ) or something?
    04-09-2015 10:10 AM
    I still have the Do Not Disturb on my M8 ( Lollipop 5.0.1 ) and I don't see any Interruptions settings. Do you guys have ( 5.0.2 ) or something?
    Yes. Sprint updated yesterday, and the AT&T update came out at that version.
    JesusF310 and Deathunter-M8 like this.
    04-09-2015 10:40 AM
    Oh wow. So the 5.0.2 update that Sprint and AT&T have received still has Sense 6 but has the new Interruptions system? Interesting. I wonder if that update will push out to Verizon as well.

Like Deathunter, my Verizon M8 is on 5.0.1 and still has the old DND mode.
    04-09-2015 01:29 PM
    I like the interruptions better, reminds me of the settings I have in my windows phone.
    04-10-2015 12:03 AM
    Why would they change it? before I could put exceptions and decide is just text or call. I just could allowed my girls calls or work and block all the rest. Interruption big fail!!
    04-12-2015 12:19 AM
    Why would they change it? before I could put exceptions and decide is just text or call. I just could allowed my girls calls or work and block all the rest. Interruption big fail!!
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan either. Lollipop's "interruptions" system doesn't allow specific-enough controls, IMO.
    04-13-2015 02:18 PM
    I'm having a different problem. I always silence my phone before retiring for the night. Now I get awoken every morning when interruption block ends. Seems the phone switches to full sound. Very annoying so I turned the whole thing off in sound setting. I want my DND back!

Sent from my HTC One M8
    04-14-2015 02:42 PM
    Yeah, I'm not a big fan either. Lollipop's "interruptions" system doesn't allow specific-enough controls, IMO.
    Same here. I was happy to see I still have DND after getting Lollipop. Don't want to lose it when 5.02 gets here.

Posted via Android Central App
    04-14-2015 02:58 PM
    I just noticed this to and I was pissed. But if you touch the sounds controls on the side it brings up and option to toggle between regular phone and the new do not disturb option. Just set up your interruptions in sounds. And they you can run it on for night time and either it will shut off when you set it up to shut off. Or you can move it back to normal using the sound buttons. Hope this helps.
    BigDinCA likes this.
    04-17-2015 09:20 AM
    I just noticed this to and I was pissed. But if you touch the sounds controls on the side it brings up and option to toggle between regular phone and the new do not disturb option. Just set up your interruptions in sounds. And they you can run it on for night time and either it will shut off when you set it up to shut off. Or you can move it back to normal using the sound buttons. Hope this helps.
    Interesting... I've been waiting to pull the trigger on this update for a few days now. This has been the main reason I haven't. Maybe I'll go ahead and give it a shot now.

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-17-2015 11:12 AM
    I agree, I used this function because I'm anurse sleeping odd hours and I'd only set up emergency contacts as allowed phone calls. You can't easily specify or toggle interruptions on or off. Give me back do not disturb!
    04-21-2015 08:52 PM
    Interruptions suck compared to Do Not Disturb. Less options, harder to get to, can only setup one time frame for all days. I don't know about everyone else but my weekend hours and weekday hours have a different phone usage hours. I'm very displeased and would love it it was put back the way it was before.
    05-05-2015 03:18 PM
    Oh wow. So the 5.0.2 update that Sprint and AT&T have received still has Sense 6 but has the new Interruptions system? Interesting. I wonder if that update will push out to Verizon as well.

Like Deathunter, my Verizon M8 is on 5.0.1 and still has the old DND mode.
    Me too. I hope Verizon leaves us alone. My phone is running perfectly now, I don't need any more updates.
    05-05-2015 06:07 PM
    I am just as pissed with this new version of 'do not disturb' (it's still called that) when all of a sudden I did not get my email notifications anymore when the DND engaged, even putting the email app on the list of exceptions only means it will SHOW notifications, but it still makes no peep... with the previous android version you had much more control! why don't they just put the DND option straight into the call settings??? all I want is for calls to be muted - and I can't even just simply turn the ringeroff, because email notifications and text message notifications are considered calls using the ringtone...go figure...
    05-11-2015 12:58 AM
    with the previous android version you had much more control!
    Actually, in the previous version of android (Kit Kat) there was no Do Not Disturb mode built into the operating system at all. The one you had was added as part of HTC Sense, their skin for the OS on their devices. My Droid Turbo has a Motorola-specific version but it is auto-only; there is no way to manually turn it on, it only activates at a set time according to the schedule you create, which is frustrating. My point is that HTC users may have had more control with the previous Sense version, but it was different between manufacturer versions of the feature, if they even had it at all. Now everyone will have it.

Android 5.0 Lollipop adds Google's version of this feature directly into the operating system, so HTC's added version is redundant. Thus the change you're experiencing.
    05-14-2015 10:44 PM
    05-29-2015 05:30 AM
    I just got a free app called Do not disturb.. So much better than interruptions. I like simple. My Gs5 used to have a small button on the pull down I touched it for DND and touched it to turn it off. it was awesome. Not everything in my life needs to be on a schedule.
    08-12-2015 10:22 AM
    Is there a place where we can say we want this feature back? I don't want to have to set a schedule all the time when a button would do what I wanted.
    09-25-2015 10:26 PM
    I miss my DND. I have 5.02 and now am only able to set interruptions for M,T, W, Th, F, Sat there is NO Sunday listed. None of the screen shots on the net even match what I'm seeing on my screen. I have an unlocked former AT&T HTC One M8 and am bummed beyond belief. I'd like to know who we can contact to really complain. Is there a way to roll back?
    05-08-2016 10:16 PM