Issue with lockscreen notifications

ToxBox

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
My phone recently updated to 5.02 I think. After this update my lockscreen will no longer show the small notifications for things like snapchat and Hangouts messages. When I try and turn on notifications for the lockscreen, the notifications appear as these large, obtrusive bricks and I really preferred the small icons from the previous version that appeared in the top left. The small icons still show up when the phone is unlocked, is there anyway to get them to show up on the lock screen as well without the large bricks?

I'm also having an issue with Hangouts not flashing the LED when I have a message. Again, this was working before my phone updated and as far I as I can tell it should still be. If I could get this working again, the previous issue wouldn't be such a big deal. Mainly I just don't want to have to deal with those ugly bricks as notifications.

Sorry if this has been talked about already, I scoured the forums for a while but could not find anything on it.

rcunningham

Jan 5, 2015
Visit site
My phone recently updated to 5.02 I think. After this update my lockscreen will no longer show the small notifications for things like snapchat and Hangouts messages. When I try and turn on notifications for the lockscreen, the notifications appear as these large, obtrusive bricks and I really preferred the small icons from the previous version that appeared in the top left. The small icons still show up when the phone is unlocked, is there anyway to get them to show up on the lock screen as well without the large bricks?

I'm also having an issue with Hangouts not flashing the LED when I have a message. Again, this was working before my phone updated and as far I as I can tell it should still be. If I could get this working again, the previous issue wouldn't be such a big deal. Mainly I just don't want to have to deal with those ugly bricks as notifications.

Sorry if this has been talked about already, I scoured the forums for a while but could not find anything on it.

For the Hangouts issue, uninstall updates for the app and make sure notifications is enabled for Hangouts.

ToxBox

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
Thanks, unfortunately that didn't seem to help.

Is there somewhere specific I have to enable notifications for it? The only option I see is under sound & notification for "app light notification" where I have messages enabled.

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Unfortunately for you (and others that may not like it), this is the way Lollipop handles lock-screen notifications now. To my knowledge, there isn't anything you can do about it.*

*unless there is some hack you can do via rooting or a custom ROM

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer