Hello, I was wondering if there I'd anything I can do about screen burn in? I always thought LCDs were immune to it, but I noticed that there is obvious outlines of the navigation bar and buttons when it's not shown. I've used amoled screen repair apps which flash colors but it hasn't worked. Any advice?

Cheers
    04-13-2015 01:27 PM
    Hello, I was wondering if there I'd anything I can do about screen burn in? I always thought LCDs were immune to it, but I noticed that there is obvious outlines of the navigation bar and buttons when it's not shown. I've used amoled screen repair apps which flash colors but it hasn't worked. Any advice?
    I didn't know you could get burn-in on an LCD either. That's crazy. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a way to fix it. Those screen repair apps don't really do much for AMOLED screens either.
    04-13-2015 02:14 PM
    Bummer, even worse because I doubt HTC will do anything about it. You can check to see if you have it too, just switch the the stock green/blue HTC wallpaper at 100% brightness and check the bottom of the lock screen.
    04-13-2015 02:29 PM
    I notice this too now and then with the on screen buttons if playing something full screen. It's very faint, but the burn in doesn't seem to be permanent. I'd say it's more ok than not so far, so hopefully yours isn't a permanent either.
    04-13-2015 07:25 PM
    I didn't realize LCD screens could get screen burn in until my Kindle Fire's navigation buttons were completely burned in for weeks.. They showed through everything. It was pretty irritating. As for my S5, even though it's AMOLED I haven't had screen burn in. I'm pretty sure it's not as common anymore with the advanced screen technology. I don't know what to tell you about your issue.. That's pretty odd. 1 because it's LCD and 2 because it's a newer device.

Via US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S5
    04-14-2015 10:51 PM
    Apparently this isn't burn in as we traditionally knew of it like on CRT monitors and tv's. It's image persistence and has to be pretty extreme to be permanent.

http://lifehacker.com/5982108/is-bur...s-and-monitors
    04-14-2015 11:23 PM
    All screens are prone to burn in. The worst offenders are CRTs, Plasmas, OLEDs, followed by LCDs.
    But in most cases, as said in this thread before, it is IR (image retention).

Posted via the Android Central App
    04-15-2015 11:03 AM