Hey guys. Need some help with my M8 and thank you in advance for any help. Recently I was driving with my m8 on a charger and aux in my head unit. The charger shorted and blew the fuse. Anyway next day I realized I had no aux audio. I tried an aux cable and had barely any audio. Tried headphones and same issue. it does show the headphone icon, but next to no audio and it is highly distorted and static filled. I do believe that the usb charger in my car somehow shorted the headphone jack. Has an icon just Short of no audio. I just need some advice and fixes before I warranty the phone Lol. Thanks
    04-14-2015 08:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I wonder if that's covered under warranty, since technically they might dispute whether or not the problem was due to manufacturer defect.

However, I don't think there's much else for you to do. Replacing the headphone jack by yourself would definitely void the warranty, and wouldn't guarantee a fix, because it might be a problem with the circuitry rather than the jack itself. Sorry, and good luck!
    04-14-2015 07:46 PM
    Thank you very much. I did some tinkering with it and got it to play audio, but now its not playing highs. If I were to listen to a rock song for example it wouldn't play the higher keyboard and guitar notes. Has me boggled. I believe I may just warranty it because music is the best thing about my phone lol.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    04-16-2015 08:27 AM