How can I disable my HTC Calendar and only use my Google Calendar?

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Google Calendar and HTC Calendar Issue

I was wondering if someone has experienced this and could shine some light on my issue.

Recently I tried installing Google Calendar to give it a try. However, when I receive a calendar notification/reminder, both Google Calendar and the stock HTC Calendar app push the notification.
I tryied dissabling HTC Calendar, but there is no such option. I then tried going into app notificaiton settings, and turned block ON for HTC Calendar, but it still shows notificaitons from the native HTC app.

Is there any way to dissable HTC calendar from running and only use Google Calendar?

Thanks.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Re: Google Calendar and HTC Calendar Issue

I was wondering if someone has experienced this and could shine some light on my issue.

Recently I tried installing Google Calendar to give it a try. However, when I receive a calendar notification/reminder, both Google Calendar and the stock HTC Calendar app push the notification.
I tryied dissabling HTC Calendar, but there is no such option. I then tried going into app notificaiton settings, and turned block ON for HTC Calendar, but it still shows notificaitons from the native HTC app.

Is there any way to dissable HTC calendar from running and only use Google Calendar?

Thanks.
I believe you'll need to go into the settings on the HTC calendar, and turn off notifications from there. I did that, and no longer get them.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Go to Settings>App Manager>All, select HTC Calendar, and uncheck the Show Notifications box.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Oh sorry--that's a standard feature on Nexus devices, but I didn't know that it's not available on the M8.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site

I thought it was going directly into the HTC calendar app, instead of the app manager.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

I will try dissabling directly in the calendar app.
I tried doing it though the new Lollipop app notification block, but that didn't do the trick...

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site

Yep. Disable in calendar app works. Too bad I can't disable the app completely.

Posted via the Android Central App

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon