Still $200 on contract from AT&T??

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Don't the older phones typically go down in price when their successor is released? I have been wanting to switch from Verizon to AT&T and wanted to get a "free" phone on 2 year contract. I want the M8 but it is $200 on a two year contract, same as the M9. The G3 and S5 are both free on contract. Guess I'm just venting. Does anyone recall if the M7 dropped down after the M8 released?

HTC One M8

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I was planning on going to AT&T so I can use unlocked phones in the future. I was going to convert the M8 to a Developer Edition. So if I can switch and get the phone free on contract that would help. Thanks.

AdamHunterATC

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Is this on AT&T's website or have you gone into a store? Stores often have the discounted prices for older handsets. Even if they don't, maybe talk to a store manager or call AT&T. Tell them you want to switch to their network, but you think it's ridiculous that they're charging the same price for the M8 as they are the M9.

You can also check out Best Buy. They often have older models still in stock and want to unload them at discounted prices.

MrBigFeathers

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Unfortunately I have to go through att.com because I am on a business plan and they are the only ones who haven't lowered the price. I called them and asked and they said they need the OK from HTC to lower it.... Suuuuure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo