My HTC One M8 is stuck in a boot screen, how can I move past this?

A

AC Question

HTC One M8 stuck in boot screen

Was rooted, accidently deleted OS, stuck on white HTC screen and will not factory reset.

NJuice

Apr 22, 2015
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 stuck in boot screen

Yeah this doesn't work but up-vol and power button turns the screen black but it just reboots and goes to the same screen.

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site

Was rooted, accidently deleted OS, stuck on white HTC screen and will not factory reset.

Not an expert on rooting,but wouldn't that mean it has nothing to go to if you deleted the OS? If I'm not mistaken, this is called bricking you're device?

Posted via the Android Central App

dty06

May 14, 2014
Visit site

Not an expert on rooting,but wouldn't that mean it has nothing to go to if you deleted the OS? If I'm not mistaken, this is called bricking you're device?

Posted via the Android Central App

No, it's not bricked. Bricking the device turns it into a literal paperweight - won't boot, won't turn on, won't do anything.

If you delete your OS, you install a custom recovery like TWRP and then move a new OS to your phone. Then you have to use the custom recovery to install the .zip file containing the OS. This can be done via ADB I think, but I'm not entirely sure about the process. I'm sure people at XDA would be able to help, though.

Stachura5

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site
did you find a solution ?! cause i have the same problem and i need help
Hey, I might be late to answer but do you have TWRP on your phone? If yes then connect your phone to the PC & see if the phone is visible through ADB. If yes, then go to TWRP on your phone, search for ADB Sideload (or something like this), then click it. Then on PC, in the same command prompt do adb sideload .zip*(for example: adb sideload update.zip). The ROM should be now transferring to your phone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20