apps randomly shut down while I am using them

Keithac

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Think I got it.

Go into the App store and search your apps for "Android System Webview" and uninstall it. My apps were working fine until I installed that update. Then they force closed. I uninstalled it and they resumed working just fine.

Let me know how you make out, Im going to continue to install and update my apps now that I have to fully recover my stuff.

Worked great for me, thank you!!!

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Think I got it.

Go into the App store and search your apps for "Android System Webview" and uninstall it. My apps were working fine until I installed that update. Then they force closed. I uninstalled it and they resumed working just fine.

Let me know how you make out, Im going to continue to install and update my apps now that I have to fully recover my stuff.

Poseign....you are the damn man!! My messaging app, Gmail and a few other apps keep forcing closed. Removed Android System Webview that was auto updated yesterday and voila....everything works!! Thanks a million!!

Hvacmanjc

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Sad thing is, we have no control over that app. It is pushed to all Google/Android phones. I imagine that they have already "Caught Wind" of the issue and will probably push out a patch for it.

Denelda Webb

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
OMG I have been dealing with this for days now. a friend and I could not figure it out and thought it had to do with my phone being suspended. I was about to throw it or take it back

M_Mahogany

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
search your apps for "Android System Webview" and uninstall it
Thank you! My M8 suddenly wouldn't keep any Twitter app or Soundhound open. Verizon provider. I'd restarted, done a virus scan, uninstalled/disabled and reinstalled, nothing helped. Now it all works fine after uninstalling Android System Webview.

stkorn97

May 11, 2010
Visit site
I have updated it finally, was updated like 1 or 2 days ago now. Everything works fine so far. All the apps that crashed instantly at boot up work now. Just a FYI

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I noticed they release another update too to fix the crashing problem. I haven't had any issues since, so looks like it's good to go now.

Dimz L

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
Think I got it.

I Can't Find This Webbie Thing In My Apps. Nothing Opens On My Phone. Not Even He Settings. Whatsoever, Messages Nothing.The Only Thing That Opens Is Play Store & Browser. I Can't Even Make A Phone Call. It Just Keeps Going Back To The Home Screen.

Lisa Buston

Jun 28, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much . I'm so glad I come across this post the phone shop were useless . Reckon they fixed it ha ! Hopefully I have now . The only thing that has changed is I've lost my browsing history in Google which is a shame . But fingers crossed thanks again !

Big Deaks123

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
Thank you! My M8 suddenly wouldn't keep any Twitter app or Soundhound open. Verizon provider. I'd restarted, done a virus scan, uninstalled/disabled and reinstalled, nothing helped. Now it all works fine after uninstalling Android System Webview.
I've tried all of these things but it still won't load Spotify properly, it let's me login and then shuts it down!! I've reset the app I've reset the phone but nothing works!! Anymore tips would be greatly appreciated

Big Deaks123

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I've tried doing this but still not working!! Do you uninstall it and then reset your phone for it work or should just uninstalling the app work?? Been trying to figure this one out for weeks

sherpadude

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
FYI.. This sweetened to reduce my issue as well. (Sporadic apps minimizing, shutting down). I have subsequently reinstalled the update.. Which now seems to be stable. ... More to come....

Posted via the Android Central App

The_underscore9

Oct 27, 2016
Visit site
Think I got it.

What happens when google play store is one of the apps affected by the annoying auto app closure? How do you disable the Android system webview then?

rickmorey

May 26, 2017
Visit site
Yes! Did not even remove Android web view app - just uninstall update (but no longer in app list...)Did not have to restart - just stopped crashing. Had same problem with same phone. Just turned off yesterday then wouldn't restart until full charge. Then many apps 'reset' and crashing - message, HTC view, mail, etc. Better for now....

Yesenia Cortez

Oct 25, 2017
Visit site
Think I got it.

I had a month that I couldn't figure out why my phone wouldn't let me use any apps, it kept exiting me out of every single thing even phone calls, tried everything even removed every single app I downloaded...nothing worked I was about to return it and then I found this and tried it and everything worked perfectly. So happy I won't have to return my new phone!

Annabeth Chase

Aug 14, 2018
Visit site
It's 2018, and I'm having the same problem with my ZTE, only thing is, I can't try what your guy's solution is because one of the apps it keeps kicking me out of is Google Play. I have Cricket.

kreemy_786

Oct 7, 2018
Visit site
Basically I've got an iPhone 4 as spare and I want to download something but then it just force quits it and doesn't let me back on the app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo