I've been a FoxFi, then PdaNet+ app user for years. I don't use it often, but love to have it when neede to create a WiFi HotSpot.
    Post Lollipop, it no longer works. Is there any option out there that works?

How can Google / Verizon do this when there was a clear lawsuit that verizon cannot charge wi-fi hotspot fees to customers who do NOT have unlimited data plans.??? The fine line here is this is an easy excuse "android/google" not "verizon" issue. ? ! # $ @ !

Thx
    04-26-2015 09:15 PM
    If you are rooted, you can install a custom rom like CleanROM 4 which does have mobile hotspot working.
    04-26-2015 09:32 PM
    If you are rooted, you can install a custom rom like CleanROM 4 which does have mobile hotspot working.
    Not Rooted.
    04-26-2015 09:36 PM
    Well if you are interested in rooting your Verizon M8 I recommend you go to XDA Developers website. There's a wealth of information there.
    04-26-2015 09:41 PM
    Well if you are interested in rooting your Verizon M8 I recommend you go to XDA Developers website. There's a wealth of information there.
    Might have to do that.. have felt no "need" to root.. but HATE that I cannot create a wifi hotspot...so may have to educate myself on rooting. Hoping there's a non-root option, but doubtful !
    04-26-2015 09:47 PM
    Verizon doesn't charge for the hotspot only if you have a limited data plan. Unlimited and you're pretty much SOL. I've got FoxFi too and not too happy with Lollipop at all.
    04-29-2015 12:15 PM
    I've been a FoxFi, then PdaNet+ app user for years. I don't use it often, but love to have it when neede to create a WiFi HotSpot.
    Post Lollipop, it no longer works. Is there any option out there that works?

How can Google / Verizon do this when there was a clear lawsuit that verizon cannot charge wi-fi hotspot fees to customers who do NOT have unlimited data plans.??? The fine line here is this is an easy excuse "android/google" not "verizon" issue. ? ! # $ @ !

Thx
    Hasn't worked for many of us since Jelly Bean. Tethered USB still works great for the laptop with Foxfi and PDANet+ on the desktop. There is also a wifi share function and the desktop which creates a hotspot. Kind of a hassle, but sometimes in an airport or a hotel that want 12.99 a day for internet, it works when I need to use my wifi only iPad......
    04-29-2015 12:30 PM