HTC One M8 - Shutting itself down and saying out of charge. Why is it doing this?

PMCGUIGAN74

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
HTC One M8 - Shutting itself down and saying out of charge

Hi all,

I've been having problems with my HTC One M8 for a few weeks now.

It shuts itself down and won't turn back on. When I put it onto charge, it shows the battery as completely dead, even though it's usually got quite a healthy charge in it.

I've followed advice from a couple of other websites to charge it enough to switch on, then shut it down and do a hard reset using the "hold power and volume down buttons" method.

This rectifies it temporarily, but more and more often it is closing itself down and repeating the process. I've also tried a factory reset and this seemed to solve the problem for a few days, however we're now back to square one where it's shutting itself down again.

Any advice on what to do next? New battery, or is this a software fault that can be fixed?

My other option is a cheap SIM free handset until my contract finishes.

Thanks,

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: HTC One M8 - Shutting itself down and saying out of charge

Just to clarify, are you saying when you hard reset the phone, the charge immediately jumps back to where you think it should be? Or does the phone just stay on at a near entry charge state but charges normally from there?