Quick charge 2.0 question

anon(8765751)

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I recently bought the anker quick charger and the cable that came with it doesn't change the light on the charger from blue to green to confirm that it's quick charging. I tried my oem cable with it the charger light changes to green but doesn't seem to be charging much faster, I also don't see anything come up on the phone saying it has activated quick charging... Is there even a notification for that on the m8? Just wanted to try to figure it out before I contact anker. Thanks for the help.

Posted via the Android Central App

ItsMikeE

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I have used the "Adaptive Fast Charger" that come with my other half's Samsung Note 4. Doesn't actually say QC 2 on it, but pretty sure it is.
Nothing on the phone says quick charging, but it does charge much faster, and you can see the details in GSAM battery monitor - both in the (negative) number of mA being used and in the estimate of charge time

anon(8765751)

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Ahh Ok, just was wondering whether there was a notification for it.... Didn't try checking gsam I'll have to give that a try thanks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Something to consider about charge rates: As the battery gets full, the current rate drops and it'll finish charging at a slower pace. Think of it like filling a water bucket with a hose. At full blast, water will start splashing out near the top. Turn the pressure down and you'll be able to add more water to the top. Batteries have a similar effect on a chemical level.

So if you tried a QC 2.0 charger on a phone that's already mostly charged, you won't see much of a difference. You'll notice the biggest differences with a mostly discharged battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49