Anyone else hating the new lockscreen

IamSavic

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I recently updated the lockscreen only now it's dark as hell. Not sure why they would do this. I really hate it n think it makes it look like ****

Posted via the Android Central App

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Ah, ok. Are the preview images on the Play store similar to the darkness you mentioned? If not, could you post a screen shot? I know it already darkens the wallpaper before this update, so I'm curious how bad it is.

IamSavic

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
That's at my brightness turned up at half. I like the customizing but dimming the wallpaper makes it look terrible now

Attachments

• 62078.jpg
    62078.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 32

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I recently updated the lockscreen only now it's dark as hell. Not sure why they would do this. I really hate it n think it makes it look like ****

On the previous lockscreen update, they only updated the lockscreen clock widget, and the new clock widget wasn't clear on bright wallpapers.

So in the latest update they dimmed the lockscreen wallpaper, in order for the clock widget to be more visible.

They handled the issue wrong, as what they should've done is give the user the options to modify the lockscreen clock and wallpaper. As what they did is force a none-changeable settings on us.

Sent from my HTC One M8

Deathunter-M8

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
I'm refusing the update simply because I don't want the restaurant "ads" popping up on it.

You can turn those off. It's a little hidden though. Highlights>Settings>Notification on Lockscreen>uncheck Meal time bundle.

I don't have what you guys are talking about in my M8 (factory unlocked / without contract) so I guess HTC has nothing to do with it. It could be related to your carriers.

Sent from my HTC One M8

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I don't have what you guys are talking about in my M8 (factory unlocked / without contract) so I guess HTC has nothing to do with it. It could be related to your carriers.

Sent from my HTC One M8

They're the yelp suggestions that are part of Blinkfeed, I mean Highlights now. I'm factory unlocked as well.