Eaget OTG Usb storage key

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys,

I came across this key that has a normal USB 3.0 on one side, and an OTG Micro USB on the other with 8/16/32gb of storage. -

EAGET V90 Dual Use Metal Casing High Speed USB 3.0 Flash Drive with Key Ring Design for Smartphones / Tablets / PC - 32GB: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

There is a similar Kingston/Sony offering, but I want to keep the USB key on my keyring, and the Eaget is the only one with the ring attached.

It saves having to carry an OTG cable around and I can then download movies, transfer them to USB and plug them into a TV (that doesn't have DLNA) and watch my movies easily on the bigger screen.

I'm just wondering how reliable they are? I've had some Kingston keys fail on my in the past.

Anyone use one?

Thanks
Tej

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok, so I ordered it. It arrived. Its awesome :)

Reliability-wise, I will report back if I have any issues.

Barkuti

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Hello!

Did you ran benchmarks on the drive? I was wondering what kind of performance is to be expected from these drives (V80, V90).

Cheers

DJ Grand Theft Audio

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
That seems like a nice product. But looks a bit wide. When plugged in can you still plug in headphones. Also if you have a case on will it still push right in to make a connection. Thanks in advance.

Barkuti

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
The V90 is about 14mm (0,55") wide.
V80 model, same specifications. Seen on eBay for as low as $13,21 the 32GB model, terrific!
By the way…

Attachments

• EAGET-V80-Official-16G-32G-64G-Smartphone-USB-3-0-Flash-Drive-Pen-Drive-Micro-USB.jpg
    EAGET-V80-Official-16G-32G-64G-Smartphone-USB-3-0-Flash-Drive-Pen-Drive-Micro-USB.jpg
    430.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:

Barkuti

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Just received a forum message…

… telling me I was required to have…

… at least 10 posts in order to be able to…

… reference external links in this forum. Thenceforth…

… remember to give a good bonebreaking hug to the [language redacted by Mod] which enforce these forum rules…

… in case you were going to complain about my behaviour. :D

Thank you for your understanding. 10th post! There we go! :cool:

P.S.: My message won't be visible until a moderator approves it :confused:, it is just a link to an Amazon page which has some benchmarks of the V90 drive…

Regarding performance, I got my answer here: EAGET V90 Dual Use 32GB Metal Casing High Speed USB 3.0 OTG Flash Drive with Key Ring Design for Smartphones / Tablets / PC: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
Great performance, in the likes of those Sandisk Ultra Dual USB flash drives. Thumbs up! :)

Cheers

Nevermind, just did a couple of screenshots plus some image editing (frame cuts).

Screenshot_2016-01-10-16-53-39 (720×844).png
USB2.0 (microUSB) port

Screenshot_2016-01-10-16-54-05 (720×844).png
USB3.0

Great performance, in the likes of those Sandisk Ultra Dual USB flash drives. Thumbs up! :)

Cheers

Last edited by a moderator:

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I have to say it does seem pretty fast when I copy data to and from it.

The only downside is that the OTG cap is easily lost and I seem to have semi-broken mine as I had it in my wallet sans-OTG-connector-cap/lid for a short period of time and being mixed with some coins it must have put pressure on the OTG connector, now I have to 'hold' the key when using the OTG side in my phone/tablet otherwise it disconnects. Must have broken an internal contact/track.

Barkuti

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
… the OTG cap is easily lost and I seem to have semi-broken mine as I had it in my wallet sans-OTG-connector-cap/lid for a short period of time and being mixed with some coins it must have put pressure on the OTG connector, now I have to 'hold' the key when using the OTG side in my phone/tablet otherwise it disconnects. Must have broken an internal contact/track.

How unfortunate! Something similar happened to me on an old (yet good) original Blackberry 9900 charger after an accidentally forceful yank over its cable, nothing I couldn't fix with the help of a new microUSB male, some solder wire and my iron.
I understand, however, it may not be practically possible to do such a thing on the flash drive.

Screenshot_2016-01-13-01-23-17 (OTGs).jpg
You can get one of these for $0,70 on eBay, shipping included.
"(microUSB,micro-USB) OTG" was the search string of choice for me.
Hope this helps.

Cheers O:)

Barkuti

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
According to what you say, your V90's microUSB could have (at least) a borked internal contact, (at least) a borked outside pin, or whatever combination of the aforementioned. Pretty high chances are of it being just one issue.
However, unless you are some sort of magician, master over matter or some other sort of über being capable of direct reality “manipulation”, I don't see how the fukx do you plan to open that sort of tiny thing never meant to be reopened/repaired… without the use of some kind of “artillery” (cutting bits/disks, etc). :-\
If too anal about it, get a new one, they're no big deal price wise. You could try the V80. :D

Cheers

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Shame to throw away something over such a minor thing though.

Theres always a way :cool: But I think I'll wait till it gets worse before I attempt to 'fix' it!

tryatt

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
Ah yes, true! But its main requirement is the OTG part! :)

Fast way of transferring movies from my phone to tablet etc..

I think you are right about repairing it though. I believe the casing is a solid piece of metal, and then electronics are 'fed' in from the USB3.0 side and must be bonded in from there. So removal will probably damage it beyond repair (or at least make it too ugly to keep on my keyring :p )

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463