Hello all. This is my first post, after googling HTC one m8 forum this was the first hit.

I have a strange issue. I have very recently upgraded from an M7. My old phone has about 25 gs of music on it. I bought an m8 once the m7 got busted up. I also purchased a samsung 64G sd card.

I'm trying to transfer the entire music file from the old M7 to the samsung sd card on the new M8. I'm using an amazon usb hub and a windows machine to do so.

My problem is that for every album with more than 6 songs..... only the first 6 get transferred when i grab the m7 "music" folder and drag it to the sd card on the m8. So.... all the albums are getting copied.... but only the first six tracks of each one.

I have some minor computer experience but nothing in my life can help me figure out WTF is going on here. Please someone give me some insight???

Thank you very much!
    06-03-2015 10:35 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I have found that moving large amounts of data over USB can sometimes lead to data errors. Are you copying the entire Music folder en masse, or are you breaking it down into smaller batches? If you copy just one album folder, or one artist folder, do all of the tracks copy correctly?

Also, copy the music to the computer's hard drive first, which is a good idea anyway so that you have a backup somewhere. Then copy from the hard drive to the microSD card (with the card inserted in the computer's card reader, not the phone).
    06-04-2015 12:55 PM