Vibration Stopped Working

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
All of sudden my phone no longer vibrates. I've had this phone since July of last year and no issues till now... Has anyone else had this problem? I ran the diagnostic tool and vibration doesn't work there either.

Not leaving a very good impression on me, HTC...

-- edit --

After installing some vibration app test, I tried smacking the phone with my hand, and it kick started the vibration. However it stopped after a while (until i smacked my phone again). Definitely looks like hardware issue.... Ugh...

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think you're right. Remember, the vibration motor is the only moving part in a phone (unless you count the tiny autofocus mechanism in the camera), so there's always a possibility of mechanical failure. Since it's intermittent after you rap on the phone, it sounds like it might be getting stuck on something.

puch96

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
You should hava an app called HTC Guide in which gives you troubleshooting steps and hardware/software tests that you can try.
There is a test for vibration. Run that test and see what happens...

** If that app is not there or does not work, try using the HTC function test program.

Go into the dialer, and enter *#*#3424#*#*

This should take you to the HTC test function in which you have several hardware tests you can perform to check functionality of your phone.

MomoMilky

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
You should hava an app called HTC Guide in which gives you troubleshooting steps and hardware/software tests that you can try.
There is a test for vibration. Run that test and see what happens...

** If that app is not there or does not work, try using the HTC function test program.

Go into the dialer, and enter *#*#3424#*#*

This should take you to the HTC test function in which you have several hardware tests you can perform to check functionality of your phone.

I tried the HTC diagnostic tool (*#*#3424#*#*) and the vibration doesn't work unless I smack the phone a few times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678