All of sudden my phone no longer vibrates. I've had this phone since July of last year and no issues till now... Has anyone else had this problem? I ran the diagnostic tool and vibration doesn't work there either.

Not leaving a very good impression on me, HTC...

-- edit --

After installing some vibration app test, I tried smacking the phone with my hand, and it kick started the vibration. However it stopped after a while (until i smacked my phone again). Definitely looks like hardware issue.... Ugh...
    06-04-2015 03:21 PM
    I think you're right. Remember, the vibration motor is the only moving part in a phone (unless you count the tiny autofocus mechanism in the camera), so there's always a possibility of mechanical failure. Since it's intermittent after you rap on the phone, it sounds like it might be getting stuck on something.
    06-04-2015 07:13 PM
    You should hava an app called HTC Guide in which gives you troubleshooting steps and hardware/software tests that you can try.
    There is a test for vibration. Run that test and see what happens...

** If that app is not there or does not work, try using the HTC function test program.

Go into the dialer, and enter *#*#3424#*#*

This should take you to the HTC test function in which you have several hardware tests you can perform to check functionality of your phone.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-05-2015 08:07 AM
    You should hava an app called HTC Guide in which gives you troubleshooting steps and hardware/software tests that you can try.
    There is a test for vibration. Run that test and see what happens...

** If that app is not there or does not work, try using the HTC function test program.

Go into the dialer, and enter *#*#3424#*#*

This should take you to the HTC test function in which you have several hardware tests you can perform to check functionality of your phone.
    I tried the HTC diagnostic tool (*#*#3424#*#*) and the vibration doesn't work unless I smack the phone a few times.
    06-05-2015 10:18 AM