Keyboard disappears? Android keyboard process stops? How to research?

henrywylde

Jun 16, 2015
Visit site
Dear Friends:

HTC One M8 on Android 5.0.1, Software 4.16.401.10. Not rooted, because Good for Enterprise. Swype keyboard. Tools that potentially may fiddle with keyboard: Clipper+.

Problem:
I use Swype keyboard. Normally it works fine. When I swype/type, it never disappears and works as expected. However, at some point, when I tap in any input field, keyboard does not appear anymore.

And not only Swype! When I go to Settings > Language & Keyboard, both Swype and HTC Sense Input are listed. However, when I switch to HTC Sense Input, the keyboard still does not appear on screen when I tap in an input field.
20150616055356.jpg

How I tried to resolve it:
1. Apps > Swype + Dragon > Clear Data.
worked once. the keyboard reappeared, but I had to reinstall some of the languages.
however, when the keyboard disappeared now, I tried this again, and it did not work
2. Apps > Swype + Dragon > Clear Cache.
worked once, then never again
3. Force stop, then tap in an input field to reinitialize the keyboard process.
never worked
4. Reboot phone fully.
always works

I cannot really say that it happens in one specific app.

What I expect from here:
1. I would not like to kill apps one by one and see if one of the apps causes this disappearing of keyboard
2. Please share with me how to restart the android keyboard process (I think there is such a process, and if I reinitialize it, both keyboards should reappear)

Thank you for knowledge sharing!

Bayram Gaygysyzow

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Dear Friends:

HTC One M8 on Android 5.0.1, Software 4.16.401.10. Not rooted, because Good for Enterprise. Swype keyboard. Tools that potentially may fiddle with keyboard: Clipper+.

Problem:
I use Swype keyboard. Normally it works fine. When I swype/type, it never disappears and works as expected. However, at some point, when I tap in any input field, keyboard does not appear anymore.

And not only Swype! When I go to Settings > Language & Keyboard, both Swype and HTC Sense Input are listed. However, when I switch to HTC Sense Input, the keyboard still does not appear on screen when I tap in an input field.
View attachment 181952

How I tried to resolve it:
1. Apps > Swype + Dragon > Clear Data.
worked once. the keyboard reappeared, but I had to reinstall some of the languages.
however, when the keyboard disappeared now, I tried this again, and it did not work
2. Apps > Swype + Dragon > Clear Cache.
worked once, then never again
3. Force stop, then tap in an input field to reinitialize the keyboard process.
never worked
4. Reboot phone fully.
always works

I cannot really say that it happens in one specific app.

What I expect from here:
1. I would not like to kill apps one by one and see if one of the apps causes this disappearing of keyboard
2. Please share with me how to restart the android keyboard process (I think there is such a process, and if I reinitialize it, both keyboards should reappear)

Thank you for knowledge sharing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz